LED Fog Light Suggestions - Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my fogs to LED lights, I have an 03 Denali which I believe uses the 880 socket. Anyone have any suggestions on brand or an amazon link? Looking for reliability/brightness rather than cost savings.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only place I had found that carries the correct type of bulb for our generation truck in an LED bulb, was xenon Depot.com. So I ordered mine from there. They were pricey but I’ve had them three years now and not a single problem, and xenondepot has stellar customer service. Got the right bulbs, the first time and they emailed and said call us with any and all questions during install. It’s a simple swap though but that was nice to have. I don’t have a link to the ones I bought, but I went to their website and shopped my year and model truck and it gave what was available for my truck. Bulbs are very bright and color is awesome, a much needed improvement over stock halogen bulbs! Well worth the price.

myoffroadz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 04 Z71 all in LED except for my headlights and fog/driving lights!!!!
The ONLY reason why I haven’t changed them is because....
There are so many DIFFERENT configurations of LED headlight bulbs on the market!!!! Even after long periods of time researching on which bulbs would be best and give me the BIGGEST BANG FOR MY BUCK......
I still have NO IDEA on what style, type or configuration would work best for me!!!!

Could someone PLEASE help shed some light (no pun intended) on this issue!!!!!

OP
OP
DROCK84

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 04 Z71 all in LED except for my headlights and fog/driving lights!!!!
The ONLY reason why I haven’t changed them is because....
There are so many DIFFERENT configurations of LED headlight bulbs on the market!!!! Even after long periods of time researching on which bulbs would be best and give me the BIGGEST BANG FOR MY BUCK......
I still have NO IDEA on what style, type or configuration would work best for me!!!!

Could someone PLEASE help shed some light (no pun intended) on this issue!!!!!

Are you looking for suggestions on what LEDs or HIDs to choose for your headlights (hi & lo) and fogs?

myoffroadz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you looking for suggestions on what LEDs or HIDs to choose for your headlights (hi & lo) and fogs?

Yes I am

Do you have any suggestions of a REASONABLE, BRIGHT, good quality and easy to install LED
I need bulb #’s 9005(HB3) 9006(HB4) and 880

Are there any other bulb #’s that are compatible with the 880

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I am

Do you have any suggestions of a REASONABLE, BRIGHT, good quality and easy to install LED

I' using DDM Tuning HIDs until I get off my ass and do a retrofit.

OP
OP
DROCK84

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I am

I used xenondepot's 880 LEDs for my fogs in the Denali. Also tried Vouke VK-5S LEDs for the low beams but they didn't work well with the projector lens so I ended up purchasing some Mishimoto 50w HIDs for the low beams. They are bright as hell but once I put them in the projector housing they lose some brightness and look like the LEDs, not sure if that's my headlamps being old and ****** or the projectors are just a bad design from way back in '03. The high beams I used are VK-G8 LEDs by Vouke. They are bright as hell but I had to cut out a small crescent shape from my front clip to get them to fit. If you need hyperlinks to these bulbs let me know and I'll post 'em up.

myoffroadz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used xenondepot's 880 LEDs for my fogs in the Denali. Also tried Vouke VK-5S LEDs for the low beams but they didn't work well with the projector lens so I ended up purchasing some Mishimoto 50w HIDs for the low beams. They are bright as hell but once I put them in the projector housing they lose some brightness and look like the LEDs, not sure if that's my headlamps being old and ****** or the projectors are just a bad design from way back in '03. The high beams I used are VK-G8 LEDs by Vouke. They are bright as hell but I had to cut out a small crescent shape from my front clip to get them to fit. If you need hyperlinks to these bulbs let me know and I'll post 'em up.

I ended up getting these bulbs from Amazon ALL for a total of about $100!!!!
The 9005 and 9006 fit PERFECTLY!!!
But......
The 880 (fog light) I had a little issue installing that required a little modification to the adjustment bracket! The opening in the adjustment bracket wasn’t large enough to fit the bulb and fan housing! So I took my Dremel with a high speed grinding bit and enlarged it by about an 1/8”!!! They slid right in after that!

NOW my fog lights are BRIGHTER than my low beams!!!
When my fog lights and low beams are on (even with just the fog lights) people flash their lights thinking I have my high beams on!!!

I can’t believe how bright my low beams are!!! I RARELY use my high beams anymore!!! And here in Pennsylvania there are some REALLY dark back roads which my low beams do the job and more!!!

The only thing I DO NOT like is....
When you have your lights on without the truck running the front of your truck sounds like a jet plane with the 4 bulbs internal fans going!!! Thankfully the fans ONLY turn on when the lights are ON!!!

b22b604c24f99095eb415a314a6ac1f0.jpg

c910f85caec03598ca3e19f76820a597.jpg

4b409a668bcc2cf13b69f751863f8574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myoffroadz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my fogs to LED lights, I have an 03 Denali which I believe uses the 880 socket. Anyone have any suggestions on brand or an amazon link? Looking for reliability/brightness rather than cost savings.

I got ALLL these from Amazon delivered (if a Prime member) for just under $100

221a015d5f5eab621dbeaa86749ec35d.jpg

a8803350852faef266d479f17c226d81.jpg

45855cb322dfffa57ed75408c6489a2d.jpg

I hope this helps!!!

If you have any other issues please send me a PM!!

[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons