LED Daytime running lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEIS

Reaction score
The only problem i meant was the retrofit of the bcm mods needed

BCM...Body Control Module, ok. So...here's what's understood:

LTZ headlights:
*Have bright DRLs (Daytime Running Lights - LED light bars)
*Have HID main headlights
*These headlight units are different part numbers (than non-LTZ models) because of the two adders above.
*You can't just swap the headlights and expect the headlights to function like an LTZ due to the BCM (Body Control Module) not programmed to function the DRLs appropriately.

BEIS

Reaction score
Ok, just went and talked to the guy at the dealership that does all the BCM programming. He said he gets the request a lot. He said there’s 6 wires per headlight unit that would have to be run to the fuse box then to the BCM. He said it would void your warranty and GM won’t let them do the install. He said it’s not impossible, it would just be very difficult and wouldn’t be backed by GM.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think after nearly 5 years of failure to find a solution, it's probably safe to say a practical one doesn't exist...

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked about an OEM fog lamp kit and the dealer said to trade the truck in for a new one. Yeah, right!

Why can’t GM make accessory kits like they did 10 years ago?

ttusomeone

Reaction score
I used the kit from GenDIY linked earlier in this thread and it worked perfectly.

Ryan212

Reaction score
I asked about an OEM fog lamp kit and the dealer said to trade the truck in for a new one. Yeah, right!

Why can’t GM make accessory kits like they did 10 years ago?

The 2003-2014 trucks don't require BCM reprogramming, the 99-02 do but fogs are an option in TIS, and it appears the 2015+ SUV's and 2014+ Trucks require it for the fog lights. There is no option in TIS to turn them on. I'm working on making mine work like factory, but the BCM programming is the current challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts