LED bar behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dug into my 17 Silverado that has the grill shutters... those flaps ruined my plans to duplicate my success with the burb. There's no getting anything in there around that whole set up. I'm looking at Lightforce or Vision X pods for the front bumper now.

Thanks for the info. Bummer.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did the install take? I am going to try to install two 40" light bars behind my grill next week. Hoping there is room.
Sorry for getting to this late been oconus and havent had the opportunity to get on, for me took a couple hours and some sitting and thinking and moving some things around, still working good up here in washington!

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this affect radiator cooling? did coolant temp go up with the light bar in front of the radiator like this?

Vinvin7716

Reaction score
Bump to see if anyone else got these. Debating on either having it behind grill or roof mounted.

yesitis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any new installs on this subject? Considering my options to get more light on highways (not using high beams due to other drivers) while not getting pulled over.

MattGallion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently sold my Tahoe but never actually used the light bar I mounted behind the grille. Realistically it didn’t project enough light, at least with the black LT grille. May be different on LTZ or RST grilles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt