LED bar behind grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to try and install dual 40s behind the grill this week, wish me luck lol

yesac

Reaction score
Has anyone done this with a 2017 with the big aero flaps they added in front of the radiator?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you? Those shutters open and close according to cooling needs. This means sometimes your lights will shine and sometimes they will just be illuminating the back side of those shutters.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you? Those shutters open and close according to cooling needs. This means sometimes your lights will shine and sometimes they will just be illuminating the back side of those shutters.

I think myself and the previous poster were wanting to know if one would work in front of the flaps. Is there enough space, room for mounting etc. You are right though, it would be stupid to put them behind the flaps.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think myself and the previous poster were wanting to know if one would work in front of the flaps. Is there enough space, room for mounting etc. You are right though, it would be stupid to put them behind the flaps.

Oh, sorry. But I don't think that there's room in front of the flaps.

cheyenne383

Far North Lurker
Reaction score
I dug into my 17 Silverado that has the grill shutters... those flaps ruined my plans to duplicate my success with the burb. There's no getting anything in there around that whole set up. I'm looking at Lightforce or Vision X pods for the front bumper now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094