Leather Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
The rough plastic on the dash of my Denali is nagging the hell out of me. Does anyone know of a fitted leather dash cover that I can put on the top of the dash? I want to avoid an expensive project to cut and install leather into the car.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Never seen anyone sell anything, best bet is to take it to an upholstery shop and get it done. Custom stuff will ALWAYS fit better then buying crap over the internet.

TXDENALI

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing the same in my 2010 Denali. Maybe a project for next month. I will post on here and let you know how it goes.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to do that be sure to buy some leather sunblock or else it will fade.

It's an interesting idea but also quite complex I would imagine. Whomever does it would have to take the whole dash out, maybe even the pass airbag, be sure to leave all the vent and drl/light sensors clear ... then you better hope the next person you sell your truck to likes it cause all that adhesive is bound to wear on the plastic if you try to take it off. I don't know much about upholstery, but I'm thinking this could get expensive.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it really baffles me how cheaply made the interiors of these 45k plus SUVs are.. Its ridiculous.. It really makes me feel like im sitting inside a rubbermaid trashcan

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
Yeah it really baffles me how cheaply made the interiors of these 45k plus SUVs are.. Its ridiculous.. It really makes me feel like im sitting inside a rubbermaid trashcan

Exactly. The only reason I paid 60k for a denali is because I work for GM and I know that their trucks are 75 years in the making so they will be reliable. The Denali and even escalade platinum have cheap plastic on the door and dash that make it feel cheaper than it is. The leather job should be fairly straightforward, just contour and trim the leather and make a cut for the passenger airbag. I'm thinking about drawing out a design, I'll post it when I'm done.

lonestar24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An old thread I know, but has anyone ever gone through with this or had door panels wrapped in leather?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts