(leak) can someone help me ID this hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
It's in the negatives and snowy and crappy outside right now. Really trying to avoid crawling on the ground to trace it. Want to get the parts ordered so I can fix it when I go back for spring break.

It's at the airbox looking down

'05 Tahoe LT w/ tow package and hydroboost brakes. 5.3 gas

upload_2018-2-19_21-54-11.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is on the passenger side then it is transmission cooler line, if it is on the drivers side then it is a oil cooler line, but looks like it is running up from the ac compressor area, you can just replace it with a oem one or cut it and patch with another hose and clamps, it is not a high pressure line so regular hose will work fine.

slim chance but if it is on the drivers side it could be a power steering cooler line also.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking at it on my PC where I get a better view, it definitely looks like the lower trans cooler line. The upper trans cooler line can be seen right next to it and that one enters the radiator on the upper passenger side. The lower line enters on the bottom passenger side. The upper trans line is pretty much impossible to replace without lowering the trans but the lower one is possible but where it enters the trans is still hard to get to. Practice on the quick-release fitting up by the radiator before trying the one on the trans. There's a plastic ring that pulls back to expose the clip. The clip needs to be pulled back with a small pick or similar and removed. Buy some spares at the auto parts store first because you'll probably have one pop off and fly away. They sell a variety pack of Dorman ones. When installing, install the spring clip onto the fitting first, then just push the line in until it clicks. Give it a tug to be sure it's connected good. Then slide the plastic protector over the clip. It may not be high pressure, but if a hose comes off your trans will probably blow due to loss of all it's fluid before you know what happened. Just ask @Tonyrodz . I would replace the entire line and not depend on clamps and a hose patch but that's me. I don't want to risk a blown trans. The new line is pretty cheap. In the picture, you can see the spring clip in the fitting and in this position it needs to be pulled downward. That tan-ish thing is the plastic protector ring that pulls off with your fingers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts