Larger Spare Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the biggest size tire you can put on a 2007 GMC Yukon in the stock position with the stock 17" spare rim? Will a 285/70r17 fit? Would anything larger fit?

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody has tried putting a larger tire on for a spare? Guess I may be more worried about getting a flat than others. I do drive through fields and ditches regularly and often pick up a nail or wire.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Nobody has tried putting a larger tire on for a spare? Guess I may be more worried about getting a flat than others. I do drive through fields and ditches regularly and often pick up a nail or wire.
ive thought about it, but I also though, the spare is a temporary emergency tire. Just there to get me home in an emergency. I even if I'm two size categories larger on all 4, its still better than a donut spare, even if it is smaller.

OP
OP

914jpw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true! I like your thinking. That works for me, lol. I will keep it the stock 265/70r17 size. Especially since I just mounted a brand new tire on it.

Txstuntman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I read somewhere that a 20 will just fit. I like my spare to be the same size.safer handling.it also gives me time to get the tire fixed.