LanceD's PPV Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elsamurai

Reaction score
Today I used my HP tuners to turn off DOD, enhanced some of the engine tune and tightened up the trans tune. Runs much better now

Do you have access to a dyno for tuning, or are you running a wideband?

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have access to a dyno for tuning, or are you running a wideband?

Neither yet. Just got rid of a lot of the torque management stuff, and made power enrichment come on sooner. Haven’t messed with any spark or fuel tables yet.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I used my HP tuners to turn off DOD, enhanced some of the engine tune and tightened up the trans tune. Runs much better now

Nice, how do you like HP Tuners?
I've been debating for a very looooong time to buy it. My only issue is I don't get along with computers and I'm kind of intimidated by it.
Did you find it to be a simple process to go through and figure out?
I don't have any shops close enough to tune. My old tuner is roughly 3 hours away now and I don't want to haul my Tahoe after every upgrade. I'm going to have to figure it out sooner than later

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, how do you like HP Tuners?
I've been debating for a very looooong time to buy it. My only issue is I don't get along with computers and I'm kind of intimidated by it.
Did you find it to be a simple process to go through and figure out?
I don't have any shops close enough to tune. My old tuner is roughly 3 hours away now and I don't want to haul my Tahoe after every upgrade. I'm going to have to figure it out sooner than later

I am too. I have been doing a lot of reading and video watching, there is a lot to learn

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am too. I have been doing a lot of reading and video watching, there is a lot to learn

If you could please post your progress as you learn and the steps you made. I know I would appreciate it very much :)

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you could please post your progress as you learn and the steps you made. I know I would appreciate it very much :)

So far I have downloaded other people’s tunes and copied some To mine to see what it does. Turned off most torque management, turned off DOD, lowered shift times and increased pressures, made it so the ac turns off above 50% throttle, etc

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! How aggravating was the bow tie wrap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! How aggravating was the bow tie wrap?

Used a heat gun but maybe I didn't get it hot enough. It's already peeling in the edges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne