LanceD's PPV Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install the Viper yourself, if so, was it easy? Plug and play type?

I did. By comparison it was easier than others I've done. but I used to do alarms as a profession. So for anyone not comfortable cutting wires to the factory anti theft stuff, I'd advise to pay someone who knows their stuff

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the black trim looked pretty cool. My steering wheel looked a lot like yours, but when bored, just keep scraping it off with your fingernail, and pretty soon it will have a nice black glossy look to it. And, just add a cover to the wheel, which helps a lot with grip, and comfort. As long as you don't pick a fuzzy one, the $15 black perforated covers work great! Especially on the base plastic steering wheels I've had on 4 different trucks.
Mine was peeling too, as I'm sure everyone's is going to do at some point. The soft material around the steering wheel hoop itself had separated internally from the metal loop, almost like the trooper assigned to my truck was death-gripping the wheel as a nervous habit or something. I wanted steering control for my radio, so I just bought a new factory leather wheel with the steering controls.....probably the best $200 I'll spend on this truck.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Nice work man [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past weekend I took an old DEI 451M door lock module and modified it. This will take the pulsed negative output from my alarm and convert it to a steady positive output that will turn itself off after losing the pulsed ground.

I'm going to wire this up to the cop light flasher so that when the alarm is set off it will make all the lights flash alternating.

20180220_190730.jpg received_10211914445356854.jpeg

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also fixed the messed up paint spot. Just put a piece of scrap vinyl sticker over it. Not quite as noticeable now. Also had some scrap carbon fiber wrap and covered up the faded gold emblem.20180303_125540.jpg 20180303_125527.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I got the torque pro app and a Bluetooth obdii reader. There are so many sensors it's crazy! Didn't have any codes but the wife's escalade has p0011 and p0700.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
That carbon fiber wrapped bowtie looks pretty good and not ricey like I thought it would....I need to do something about both of my delaming bowties!

Infamous Ike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That carbon fiber wrapped bowtie looks pretty good and not ricey like I thought it would....I need to do something about both of my delaming bowties!

I recently purchased a PPV and the previous owner had a wrapped bow tie. My Tahoe is white so it flows pretty well, better than I would have thought.

d7bac3ae5d19ab4070af76dce3865678.jpg

To the OP, good job on your Tahoe so far, I’ll be following this!

OP
OP
LanceD

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I ordered HP Tuners so I can start learning how to tune and I'll be disabling the DOD stuff first thing