Kooks Long tube Headers question, Confusion.

Which Kooks Headers would fit a 2006 Yukon Denali 6.0L

• Kooks Long tube Headers Part #28502400 - 1.88 in. Tube, 3.00 in. Collector

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claytonn

Reaction score
Hey guys im a bit of a noob but i was wondering if anybody could guide me in the right direction

I currently own a 2006 Yukon Denali 6.0L V8.

Im looking to purchase Kooks Long tube headers, Im just confused at the part sizes.

Since im really bad with part fittement / Metrics/ measurements and or numbers.

On SummitRacing theres 2 types

Kooks Long tube Headers Part #28502200 - 1.75 in. Tube, 3.00 in. Collector
Kooks Long tube Headers Part #28502400 - 1.88 in. Tube, 3.00 in. Collector

On Auto Anything theres two Types

Kooks Long tube Headers Part #28502200 - 1 3/4" Primary / 3" Collector
Kooks Long tube Headers Part #28502400 - 1 7/8" Primary / 3" Collector.

I would just like to know what is the difference between both these part measurements & which one would actually fit My Car Model.

I will of course be purchasing the Y pipes to go with this as well which is part # 28513200 I believe.
After that i might go with a magnaflow or Corsa Cat back.

Thank you so much in advance for your responses guys. I truly appreciate it.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
1 and 7/8 inches is 1.875 inches. They're just rounding up... After installing the 1 3/4" headers on my truck I wouldn't want to mess with anything bigger at all. I already had to clearance them on the passenger side to fit.

OP
OP
Claytonn

Claytonn

Reaction score
O
1 and 7/8 inches is 1.875 inches. They're just rounding up... After installing the 1 3/4" headers on my truck I wouldn't want to mess with anything bigger at all. I already had to clearance them on the passenger side to fit.

Ohh ok I saw a video on YouTube with someone installing the kooks headers on the same model and recommended that the 1 7/8 is better for a 6.0L. But maybe youre right if theres not enough clearance. I hope somebody can clarify this better. Thank hiu though for your reply!.

gtrslngrchris

Reaction score
O

Ohh ok I saw a video on YouTube with someone installing the kooks headers on the same model and recommended that the 1 7/8 is better for a 6.0L. But maybe youre right if theres not enough clearance. I hope somebody can clarify this better. Thank hiu though for your reply!.
I think you'll have to do a hell of a lot more to your motor than long tubes and exhaust before it matters that your headers are 1/8" bigger. I swapped my 5.3 to a 6.0 and my headers work just fine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a note; if you have questions on a product the best people to answer those questions are the manufacturers themselves. You could just go to Kooks website and shoot them an email in the "contact us" area. I had a few convo's with American Racing Headers before buying their product through a 3rd party. Then when I had install questions later, I already had established communication.

OP
OP
Claytonn

Claytonn

Reaction score
Thank you Chris and Red Rocket, I'll ask the manufacturer itself, i just want to be sure is all!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At what points would the 1 3/4 pipes make a difference? And, with that in mind, what about the 1 7/8ths? N00b here, sorry.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been told:

1 3/4 for stock engine to mild cam
keeps good low/mid range power

1 7/8 for above mild cam & heads or larger cubic inch motor &/or supercharged
can lose some low end, picks up mid/high range power

i am sure someone can confirm this or update info

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second what gat0r said. The difference is minimal between the two, but that extra 1/8" will make a difference if the engine is moving more air (larger cam, bored to larger displacement, forced induction, etc.). If you won't be doing any of that, 1 3/4" (1.75)

As far as fitment, if the header tube is touching something, you'd only be clearancing for an extra 1/16" of an inch with the 1 7/8" (1.88") primaries. That's maybe the thickness of two credit cards so it's really not something to base your decision off of. Also, due to manufacturing tolerances, you may get a set of the larger headers that fit with no clearance issues or a set of the smaller headers that contact something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy