Keyless Entry & TPMS both stopped working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Hi all, It's been a while since I've posted, but I've still be lurking around a bit. Last week was a terrible week for my Tahoe, considering the windshield cracked, the left headlight went out, the right tail light went out, and on top of that, my keyless entry & TPMS both stopped working. Windshield and lights are easy fixes, (other than having to take the entire front bumper off to fix the headlight), but I'm concerned about the keyless entry & TPMS. I went to the park last week to run, whenever I initially exited the truck, I locked it with my key fob, no issue, but when I stopped for a water break about 30-45 minutes later, the key fob wouldn't work. I got mad about it but figured that the battery had went dead, even though it's a 3 month old Escalade key fob. So I continued on, and when it came time to leave, I started the truck, only to see my DIC freaking out saying that I needed to Service TPMS. It seems like these two issues are probably related, being that they both happened at the same time. When I got home, I tried both of my spare key fobs to make sure it wasn't just the battery in the remote, but they didn't work either. When I try to "Relearn Remote Key" in the DIC, when I hold the button down, instead of it popping up "Relearning Active" it just blinks once then says "Relearn Remote Key" again... Has anyone else had this issue before, and if so, what's the fix for it? I'm really hoping that someone has some insight here... I read part of a post the other night on it saying that it may be the BCM?

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Rcdlr died

What's that? Is it simple to fix, like can I just replace it?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Update: I googled "2007 Tahoe Rcdlr" and came across the TSB which advised GM Tech to pull the fuse associated with the Rcdlr (fuse: DSM in the left cavity of the instrument panel) and reinstall, which I did, now everything is working fine again.

The TSB states that the Rcdlr goes to sleep and doesn't come back on with the vehicle like it should, so my question is, will this happen again, or is there actually a fix for it now? Can GM reflash the computer with an update or something?

Thank you Chris for putting me on the right track :Handshake:

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello R_Sharpe,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking for technical advice on how to resolve this yourself. I might not be able to provide you any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's that? Is it simple to fix, like can I just replace it?

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Update: I googled "2007 Tahoe Rcdlr" and came across the TSB which advised GM Tech to pull the fuse associated with the Rcdlr (fuse: DSM in the left cavity of the instrument panel) and reinstall, which I did, now everything is working fine again.

The TSB states that the Rcdlr goes to sleep and doesn't come back on with the vehicle like it should, so my question is, will this happen again, or is there actually a fix for it now? Can GM reflash the computer with an update or something?

Thank you Chris for putting me on the right track :Handshake:

Post your vin I'll check and send if there is a software update for it :)

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
I had a similar issue does anyone know of a fix?

What I found was that this was a common issue among the 2007 NNBS trucks, it's an issue with the software of the vehicle and the RCDLR going to sleep and not "waking" or booting back up. I pulled the fuse for the RCDLR for a few seconds then reinstalled it, now everything is working fine. The fuse is labeled "DSM" in the fuse box on the left side of the instrument panel.

There was a recall for this, but GM will only fix it if your vehicle is still covered under the limited new-vehicle warranty. The permanent fix for this issue is a software update for the vehicle.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Plett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I pulled the fuse and everything going worked again. It was an easy fix thanks to your post.

Mutts Cuts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I pulled the fuse and everything going worked again. It was an easy fix thanks to your post.

I have had this problem arise on my 2007 Yukon XL, but pulling the fuse didn't work. Do you have to pull the fuse with the car on and running, or with the key turned on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos