Key fob tied to memory seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdsolid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having problems with my memory seat on my 2015 Yukon Denali. So my driver 1, driver 2, and exit seat are all programmed and work when I press the appropriate button. The problem is I have to press the button every time I get in the car. Every other car I have had with this feature recognizes what key fob you have and when you press the push to start it would automatically change to your seat settings. I have checked all the settings in the radio and everything is set correctly.

Thanks

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look around on this site you will see where it has been discussed in length. That is the way the 2015+ works. It does not work like the 07-14 models. Not sure why they changed it. Some say it works but some say it doesn't. You may want to refer to the owners manual. Good luck.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im having problems with my memory seat on my 2015 Yukon Denali. So my driver 1, driver 2, and exit seat are all programmed and work when I press the appropriate button. The problem is I have to press the button every time I get in the car. Every other car I have had with this feature recognizes what key fob you have and when you press the push to start it would automatically change to your seat settings. I have checked all the settings in the radio and everything is set correctly.

Thanks

Vehicle settings I think is where mine was. I did remember to program the exit button to driver seat back and down, as well as steering column up and away.

OP
OP
J

Jdsolid1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The odd part of all of this is that my wifes key fob DOES move the seat when she presses the unlock button on the handle and mine DOES NOT.

MidnightRider

Reaction score
The odd part of all of this is that my wifes key fob DOES move the seat when she presses the unlock button on the handle and mine DOES NOT.
Sounds to me like your fob is not programmed as driver #2. There is a lot of info on this subject in the owners manual. I always have to make sure I beat my wife to the car when I drive.

angelmom05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My problem is a little different. I bought my 2017 Tahoe used and it only had one key fob. The dealership programmed another one for me. Now if I change up it will recognize me as driver #3. I only have 2 keys! Can I purge the third one somehow?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is a little different. I bought my 2017 Tahoe used and it only had one key fob. The dealership programmed another one for me. Now if I change up it will recognize me as driver #3. I only have 2 keys! Can I purge the third one somehow?
I think you might have to delete all 3 then reprogram 1 & 2 but I believe a trip to the dealer is needed for programming unfortunately

thepiombino

Reaction score

I think you might have to delete all 3 then reprogram 1 & 2 but I believe a trip to the dealer is needed for programming unfortunately

Had same exact issue. Can confirm that this requires a trip to the dealer for them to wipe all key memory and re-program as #1 and #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts