Key Fob Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Repaired_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so my 07 Tahoe key fob no longer works and I just tried to reprogram it but it wouldn’t work..I’m now thinking maybe I need to order a new fob. The only ones I that come in a set of 2 are the ones that have the power lift gate and remote start, Question is can I still use the key fob that has buttons that my truck doesn’t have? Or is there a way I can use my old key fob? Once I again I tried to relearn it through the menu and It wouldn’t work.

~All responses appreciated

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ok so my 07 Tahoe key fob no longer works and I just tried to reprogram it but it wouldn’t work..I’m now thinking maybe I need to order a new fob. The only ones I that come in a set of 2 are the ones that have the power lift gate and remote start, Question is can I still use the key fob that has buttons that my truck doesn’t have? Or is there a way I can use my old key fob? Once I again I tried to relearn it through the menu and It wouldn’t work.

~All responses appreciated

Not trying to insult your intelligence but the obvious question must be asked. Is the battery in your remote definitely good?

Also, yes... the key fobs with more buttons will work with your truck... the extra buttons just won't function.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tyler, probably faded by now, the part number is on the back of your remote. I am able to purchase the ones without the power lift gate and do have the latch for the back glass and do have remote start. The part number for that style is: 15913415. The Chicom covers break easily and the lettering wears away quickly whereas my OEM fobs hold up for years and years of service. The Chicom remotes do not have the part number or instructions on the back.

OP
OP
Repaired_Tahoe

Repaired_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not trying to insult your intelligence but the obvious question must be asked. Is the battery in your remote definitely good?

Also, yes... the key fobs with more buttons will work with your truck... the extra buttons just won't function.

After me actually taking the fob apart I noticed that the inside of the fob was damp like someone had dropped the fob in something...which is probably why the fob doesn’t work...Pretty sure that A-Hole that was “supposedly” fixing my car dropped my keys in something.

Ohh and thanks for the clarification about the other fob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9