Key Fob programming preferences for different drivers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have one key fob for my 2015 Escalade. I plan on getting a 2nd one, and want to make sure it can be programmed the same day to set the customization of the 2nd driver preferences (i.e. seat, mirrors, etc.).
I've looked at a 2015 owners manual, but it does not specify being able to correspond the fobs to particular drivers pre-programmed preferences.
Is there a specific way this can be done by owners once the new fob is mated to the Escalade, or is it a dealer only type of programming situation?

TIA

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you look at 3-5, 3-6 and 3-7 in the owners manual.

I just reread your suggested pages of the owners manual, but do not see how you pair one particular key fob to the driver one position/settings vs. the other fob to the driver two position/settings.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe in the other thread it was determined that you had to set it via the 1 and 2 on the door panel and not the FOB like in the old days and you simply push 1 or 2 when entering the truck.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe in the other thread it was determined that you had to set it via the 1 and 2 on the door panel and not the FOB like in the old days and you simply push 1 or 2 when entering the truck.

Wow, I'd hope what I think you are saying is not true.

Many cars have the preset programming for drivers 1 & 2 correspond to a specific fob to where when the car is disarmed by a particular fob, all the settings automatically go to the corresponding driver. So if you saying the fob just generally disarms the alarm and open the door, and then you must press the button to get it to go to their particular settings, that is again hard to believe of a $50k+ vehicle, or a $90k+ in the case of an Escalade.

For example I am 6'7" and my wife (while tall for a woman) will have her seat settings much closer to the pedal/steering wheel than I do. So if she is the last person out, and then I disarm the alarm with the generic fob, I will have to then hit the #1 preset on the door, otherwise not be able to fit in?
That would be asinine and a massive oversight by GM considering that this technology has been around for over a decade with other manufactures.

So again, hopefully (Despite your best efforts to inform/help) are mistaken.

`

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I just did a Google search and every thing I could come up with from Cadillac Dealer you tubes, owners manual, to the Cadillac convenience manual there is nothing about FOB 1 & 2 as in years past and only addresses the 1 & 2 position on the door panel for seat position, mirror position, steering position and easy exit.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Tahoe LTZ (2016), the OEM fobs were marked 1 and 2, and the setting preferences adjust automatically depending on which fob is used by the driver. I too am curious as to how a replacement fob, should one ever be needed, could be "labelled" as a 1 or a 2. Perhaps when ordering the new fob, a "1" or a "2" must be specified?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know about 15+ trucks but there are option in the dic display to turn these settings on/off in my 13. as far as adding a new fob im sure if its added and the truck is on a particular ‘setting’ fob 1 or 2 maybe it will mimic that setting for that remote. Look through owners manual

thindiesel

Reaction score
YOUTUBE!!!! TOOK ME 3MINUTES TO PROGRAM..... AS LONG AS YOUR INFO CLUSTER WORKS THIS CAN B DONE VERY EASILY...... YOUR WELLCOME

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Clogan2 & Galante, I hope you two are correct, as that would make sense considering other manufactures have that feature.
I am going to get a 2nd fob/key today and would like the locksmith who is doing the programming to set it correctly. He supposedly has the correct fob and knows how to pair it, but I wonder if he will know about setting the drivers preferences?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd