Key FOB and presets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRider

Reaction score
My Tahoe has two fobs or whatever they call them now and presets for the seats. My wife’ Fob is #1 and mine #2 which will move the seat to the corresponding preset. What happens when my wife and I bring both fobs with us in the car? Will it automatically revert to preset #1? Do I need to race her to the car since I always drive? I suspect we will need to switch fobs. Just have not had the opportunity to test it yet. I have had this car two weeks and the manual has spent more time in the living room than in the car. I don’t think I have ever taken one out of the car before.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on who uses their remote first. I cannot recall a time when the settings moved into position for my wife with her keys in the purse. I unlock the doors and the settings are in position for me most of the time. Sometimes nothing happens and just press the button and keep going.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have keyless entry and push start so we never get our keys out so it may be whoever gets there first.
Yup, it's whoever gets aboard first, at least that's how it us on our 2016 Tahoe LTZ. Very annoying to me, if I'm driving, 'cause I still open the passenger door for her, like back when we were dating. Then I climb aboard, hit the start button, and the seat auto adjust moves to her setting.

So, I either stop holding the door for her (been doing it 46 years), or deactivate auto seat settings, or interrupt/override auto settings.

Sheesh! Modern cars!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MidnightRider

MidnightRider

Reaction score
Yup, it's whoever gets aboard first, at least that's how it us on our 2016 Tahoe LTZ. Very annoying to me, if I'm driving, 'cause I still open the passenger door for her, like back when we were dating. Then I climb aboard, hit the start button, and the seat auto adjust moves to her setting.

So, I either stop holding the door for her (been doing it 46 years), or deactivate auto seat settings, or interrupt/override auto settings.

Sheesh! Modern cars!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very commendable how you treat your lady. May I send my kids to you? Haha.

I am finding also that the first FOB in the car dictates the settings. If I see that her setting is selected when entering I push memory #2 to get to my settings. I also tried using the exit settings but that was driving my wife crazy and was also too much back and forth wear and tear on the system. A better setup would be for the memory to change to which one unlocks the door before you enter instead of when the engine is started.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sheesh! Modern cars!

Remote start the truck with your remote and see if that changes things, seems to work for me but I know she doesn't always carry her keys with her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep