Keep autoride when lowering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So the 2/4 kit allows me to keep my autoride? Is it something I could do by myself? Also a"free travel mod" was mentioned but not sure what that is, could you elaborate? Thanks!

To give you an idea of "free travel mod", go to 5:00 in the following video:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. So the 2/4 kit allows me to keep my autoride? Is it something I could do by myself? Also a"free travel mod" was mentioned but not sure what that is, could you elaborate? Thanks!

Cutting bracket off frame.

google tahoe free travel mod and you will see pictures

its not a hard kit to put in

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Tony. But I can tell you I did a 2/3 drop and kept auto ride. For a drop like mine, which is an 07, the rear was just a spring swap and bending the actuators for auto ride, I had the front done for me as i used new spindles and didn't feel like I had the tools or stones to try it.

OP
OP
Eli B

Eli B

Reaction score
Call Tony. But I can tell you I did a 2/3 drop and kept auto ride. For a drop like mine, which is an 07, the rear was just a spring swap and bending the actuators for auto ride, I had the front done for me as i used new spindles and didn't feel like I had the tools or stones to try it.

Hey thanks, I'm probably going with the belltech 2/4 drop which uses the extenders, springs & spindles. Is that what you did? That appears to keep the best ride and keep autoride.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey thanks, I'm probably going with the belltech 2/4 drop which uses the extenders, springs & spindles. Is that what you did? That appears to keep the best ride and keep autoride.

you will need the rear endlinks/bumpstops and free travel mod for best ride. i sell the belltech and the rear items.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd follow Tony's instructions. Nothing beats the advice of a pro. The ride stayed great and autoride made towing a breeze. Believe it or not I still have to use a 3" drop ball and hitch for it to feel right. Good luck and post pics throughout for new folks to see and pics when you're done.

OP
OP
Eli B

Eli B

Reaction score
I'd follow Tony's instructions. Nothing beats the advice of a pro. The ride stayed great and autoride made towing a breeze. Believe it or not I still have to use a 3" drop ball and hitch for it to feel right. Good luck and post pics throughout for new folks to see and pics when you're done.

Hey thanks. Yea the autoride is definitely a huge benefit, even if only in the rear like mine. I think I'm going to pair the 2/4 drop with new sway bars and end links to avoid any swaying on the highway like I've heard can happen. What's the story with yours?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't tow my boat on the highway. Our lake is about 25 miles away via 2 lane roads. I didn't change sway bars but I do wish I'd have gone 4" in back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne