Keep 07 Bose head unit/nav but add aftermarket amps and speakers and sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chucksrt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon Denali xl with the lux Bose system with nav and rear entertainment. I want to keep the system stock except I want to bypass the factory amp and run aftermarket amps along with aftermarket mid, highs and subs. There is zero info online as to how to do this.

I do not want to lose any of the factory features, I just want to put the factory Bose lux system on steroids. Does anyone know how to upgrade this system?
I would like to use my Phoenix Gold ti500.4 for mids and highs and my ti600.2 amps for subs. I have Boston pro 6.5 components but I used to run dual 12" eclipse aluminum subs but someone liked them more than I did I guess so now I need new subs. This equipment was in another vehicle I used to have and has been sitting for some time!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need one of the following...

jl audio cleansweep

rockford fosgate 3sixty

audiocontrol LC7

audison bit ten

jbl ms8

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 10" sub in replacement of the factory sub and a 500w and it completely woke the factory system up. Even if it does not do what you want, you can still use the parts. Just a thought, up to you tho.

Timothy Jr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 10" sub in replacement of the factory sub and a 500w and it completely woke the factory system up. Even if it does not do what you want, you can still use the parts. Just a thought, up to you tho.
Show some pictures.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Show some pictures.
What I have for sale. Kicker L78. 900 watt. Had 450 watts going to it.

Replaced with a DC Audio 12 behind the 3rd row and a bigger amp.

Looking to get 315ish shipped. cd60afe927bcbee565719bc816170c9f.jpgc6524f20a2878f9eefd79c063b7afbeb.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty nice. I was hoping for something like that to avoid taking up space. What is the biggest cubic space that you can fit there? How was rattle?

To the original OP, if you want to keep OEM HU for OEM look, I understand but if you are worried about losing features that come with car, you can definitely go aftermarket and not only keep all OEM functionality but add to it instead of getting one of those options the knowledgeable Nathan mentioned above. I would just compare price. If you going to spend 300+ on any of them, might as well look into a few more and open the gates :)

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty nice. I was hoping for something like that to avoid taking up space. What is the biggest cubic space that you can fit there? How was rattle?

To the original OP, if you want to keep OEM HU for OEM look, I understand but if you are worried about losing features that come with car, you can definitely go aftermarket and not only keep all OEM functionality but add to it instead of getting one of those options the knowledgeable Nathan mentioned above. I would just compare price. If you going to spend 300+ on any of them, might as well look into a few more and open the gates :)
The box is .48cu ft IIRC. Rattle wasnt bad. Just got keep things that rattle ( change, pens anything) etc out of the tray

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rattle is a small price to pay to save trunk space. I wish it could take a 12 with slightly more cubic space. You should take a video, looks like it beats!

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rattle is a small price to pay to save trunk space. I wish it could take a 12 with slightly more cubic space. You should take a video, looks like it beats!
It's out the truck now and for sale.

Replaced with a behind the 3rd row DC Audio 12 .

But it was nice to not have to move it, be scared to bang it around when hauling things. And I told people it was a factory sub ran on an external amp. The Chevy dealer was impressed, lol.
345dec1147c69740f0a1f7bec6fc5f92.jpg
8755ce71bae803c1c679349e8c9c7c6f.jpg