Just saw this black bear video versus stock quarter mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ET on the stock tune is 17.000 and the ET on the BB tune is 17.869, then the stock tune is faster by .869 seconds.

THE REACTION TIME IS NOT A FACTOR IN THE ELAPSED TIME.

The reaction time is just that- the time it takes for your eyes to see the green light, your brain to process it and tell your right foot to move, your muscles to move your right foot to push the pedal, the throttle to open up, the programmed (stock or modified) throttle, injector and timing tables to respond, the engine to rev, the torque converter to load, the clutches in the trans to grip, the wheels to turn, the tires to flex and grip and the vehicle to BEGIN moving forward enough to trip the start beam THAT STOPS THE REACTION TIMER AND STARTS THE ELAPSED TIMER.
OK. This will be my last shot at this one...

RT and ET are totally separate timers. Let's assume for this example that all variables are equal. Two identical trucks and two cyborg drivers are lined up at the track. The cyborgs are identical with the exception that one has been programmed with a 1 second reaction time. The light goes green. Truck A takes off with a 0.0 RT and finishes with a 15.0 ET. Truck B takes off with his 1.0 RT and finishes with a 15.0 ET. Does that mean Truck B actually ran a 14.0 because of his 1.0 RT? Nope. Both trucks ran the 1/4 in the identical time. This is precisely WHY there are 2 different timers, so we can rule out differences in RT when comparing run times. There is no math involved when looking at the ET. The ET is NOT the sum of the RT + The 1/4 time.

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, just called my father in law who races Top Dragster dials in at 6.40ish.... Just let me no that you guys were right.....1/4 mile time calculates The 1/4 regardless of reaction time... I learned something today. Thank you all for being patient. Now I think the Blackbear tune did a nice job over that stock tune in that 1 video sample....

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol
You don’t dig the whole BBP tune thing? Okay. Don’t buy it.

Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Okay guys, just called my father in law who races Top Dragster dials in at 6.40ish.... Just let me no that you guys were right.....1/4 mile time calculates The 1/4 regardless of reaction time... I learned something today. Thank you all for being patient. Now I think the Blackbear tune did a nice job over that stock tune in that 1 video sample....

All good, man. That's why we kept trying. Errbody good on here... Unless, of course, you have your front end higher than the rear.... That might be a different story. Plus, you shoulda seen the toilet paper hanging off @iamdub 's shoe while he was running down the track racing that dragster.... That's REALLY why all the guys were laughing....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*EDIT*

Disregard. Things turned around in the time I was typing response.

It was a battle, but glad it finally clicked.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
We know what you're trying to explain and why you think it. What everyone else is telling you is that you are incorrect in thinking that, as Nate put it, the ET is NOT the sum of RT + the 1/4 mile time.

The tune affects the power and response of the motor. The driver is not tuned.

I don't know how else to put it. You're so adamant about reinforcing your misunderstandings that you're making yourself incapable of comprehending the truth.

You didn't read first, did you? Lol.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't read first, did you? Lol.

I was typing that as all the other responses came in and things (finally) turned around for the good. It took me a while to type cuz I got on the phone and didn't see the new replies. I saw the new replies after I posted it, but apparently I didn't edit it before you quoted it. You hair-triggered post stalker.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think we've beat this to death, but also gain of about .4...E85 Justin thinks would have gained another tenth or two, definitely feels like it
Car 6674, 2012 denali 6.2 awd

20171023_193650.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no way that 14.995 ET is accurate- you had a 2.319 RT on that pass versus the .632 on the other. It's rigged, I tell ya! :jester:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts