Just picked up a new 2018 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Congrats as well. I agree. This truck feels completely different than the 2015. Super smooth transmission shifts. Don't even feel them. Also, the truck is very responsive.

Yes, the shifts are smooth and instantaneous. Feels like a dual clutch trans like in my BMW M6 GC.

I had bought a Hypertech tuner for my 2015, it took the lag out of the throttle mapping and improved the shifts of the 6spd. It had the 3.42 gears, which is a noticeable difference from the standard Tahoe 5.3L gears.

As for Hypertech, I talked to them last week, and gave them my VIN. They don't have anything for the 6.2L 10spd yet, in fact, they didn't know it existed. They said they'd get working on it and notify me when the download is ready for my programmer.

That said, I'm very happy with my new Tahoe's performance out of the box. That transmission is probably the biggest improvement.

I would like to add the brakes, more for looks. The brakes on my 2015, with 45,000 miles weren't even 1/2 worn and did a fine job.

I'm also happy with the exhaust sound. I noticed that the driver's side exhausted is pinched down quite a bit under the transmission pan. I'm not sure if the "Cat Back" systems would replace or re-route that pipe to improve the flow at that location? There are 3 Catalytic converters on the exhaust system. One each after the manifolds, and one after the union of both sides of the V8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne