Just picked up a new 2018 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the bulbs you ordered work for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have every package except for the Borla Exhaust and Brembo Brakes. I would have loved the brakes. Maybe something I will do on my own in the spring. The exhaust would be nice. But I like the quiet with a slight rumble when I accelerate. I had a Borla exhaust on my previous Avalanche. It was nice the 1st 2 weeks then the drone was annoying after a while.

Indeed, performance exhaust is wonderful at certain speeds and for getting into the pedal. However resonance on long rides can become maddening. I have headers into an X-pipe, into mandrel bend B&B exhaust on my ZR-1. While it adds some HP and sounds great under acceleration, the mid range drone is enough to make you mad and want to rupture your ear drums on long trips.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I got mine on 1/31. Same options. Love it. The 6.2L with the 10spd 4x4 is awesome. I too had a 2015 LT max tow 4x4. I loved it, but this is like a different truck. I'm looking forward to see how she tows.

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
Yup. Everything looks great. They work perfectly.
I did the license plate leds, what bulbs did you use for the fog lights and reverse lights? I couldn't find anything for the brake/rear turn signals either.

Keith Carter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really? I bought the 6.2l Borla Direct from my GM dealer.

Did you install or the dealer? Curious about the drone during the V4 operation. See that there was some comments on another thread discussing the GMC Denali.

How about the air intake?

Enjoying mine. Unfortunately mine didn't have the exhaust or the Brembo Brakes as an option. Planning to do the brakes on first pad change.

OP
OP
S

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you install or the dealer? Curious about the drone during the V4 operation. See that there was some comments on another thread discussing the GMC Denali.

How about the air intake?

Enjoying mine. Unfortunately mine didn't have the exhaust or the Brembo Brakes as an option. Planning to do the brakes on first pad change.
I installed the bulbs myself. took about an hour to do all of them.
I have not experienced any drone on the RST. I did notice it on my 2015 Tahoe I traded in. Don't know if the new tranny makes the drone less noticeable??
I am going to do the intake in the spring. The weather here in the Boston area is so up and down. Snowing right now. Also thinking about adding the Brembo brakes as well in the spring.

OP
OP
S

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got mine on 1/31. Same options. Love it. The 6.2L with the 10spd 4x4 is awesome. I too had a 2015 LT max tow 4x4. I loved it, but this is like a different truck. I'm looking forward to see how she tows.
Congrats as well. I agree. This truck feels completely different than the 2015. Super smooth transmission shifts. Don't even feel them. Also, the truck is very responsive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum