Just picked up a new 2018 Tahoe RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and picked up a new 2018 Premier Tahoe RST. I got an awesome trade in for my low mileage 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I must say the new RST is amazing. It has The RST Performance package. It is Incredibly fast and comfortable. Love all the new gadgets including the HUD. Even though my 2015 was only 3 years old it felt old compared to this beauty. Have to wait until it gets warmer to tint the front windows. Ordered all new Led lights (Fogs, backup and license plate). Can't believe Chevy is still putting in old type bulbs in trucks that are so expensive. I will post my experiences once I drive the truck a little. :happy107:

upload_2017-12-28_18-20-7.jpeg
upload_2017-12-28_18-21-33.jpeg

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a beauty. Been waiting for someone to buy, post pictures and give us first hand feedback on drive and performance. Enjoy the new ride.

Slong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and picked up a new 2018 Premier Tahoe RST. I got an awesome trade in for my low mileage 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I must say the new RST is amazing. It has The RST Performance package. It is Incredibly fast and comfortable. Love all the new gadgets including the HUD. Even though my 2015 was only 3 years old it felt old compared to this beauty. Have to wait until it gets warmer to tint the front windows. Ordered all new Led lights (Fogs, backup and license plate). Can't believe Chevy is still putting in old type bulbs in trucks that are so expensive. I will post my experiences once I drive the truck a little. :happy107:

View attachment 189531
View attachment 189532
Looks awesome. I just picked up the same RST without the engine package. Can you share where you bought your leds and which ones you selected?
My windows are tinted as well. You'll love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!! I love it!! Congratulations!!

OP
OP
S

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Which options /upgrades did you get?
I have every package except for the Borla Exhaust and Brembo Brakes. I would have loved the brakes. Maybe something I will do on my own in the spring. The exhaust would be nice. But I like the quiet with a slight rumble when I accelerate. I had a Borla exhaust on my previous Avalanche. It was nice the 1st 2 weeks then the drone was annoying after a while.

OP
OP
S

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks awesome. I just picked up the same RST without the engine package. Can you share where you bought your leds and which ones you selected?
My windows are tinted as well. You'll love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you. Love the blacked out look.

Here are the bulbs I picked up. All from Amazon. I had these in my 2015 Tahoe and I never had any problems with them.
License plate bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K7F2SI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fog Light bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H98YM4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Backup bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PXHJRW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts