Just opened Pandora’s Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Man I am so confused I need some help/guidance. My truck is a 2010 Yukon Denali AWD. What real lift kit fits this truck? Every site I go to says that the kit is available for 2WD and 4wd but not AWD. After throwing on the leveling kit I’m now interested in a summer project of putting a proper lift on this truck. I’ve searched the forums for days now and I see mixed reviews/answers.

Please help . I’m looking for a 4-5” lift that isn’t going to destroy my baby. Some kits I have come across have a new driveshaft, some of the same height kits don’t. What gives?

Any lift will fit the Denali just needs a new front driveshaft. Depends on how much you want to spend and how high you want to go. I would try to find a 4" CST front box kit for the truck and use it on the Denali with a new driveshaft. Then parts from Rough Country 3.5" kit for the rear if keeping autoride.

OP
OP
Mike Shabo

Mike Shabo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was talking to a lady from Rough Country and they said that they don’t sell a lift for a AWD Yukon but do for a 4WD. I had been looking at this kit just to get a little more lift then the leveling kit I have on it now. It says it’s for AWD Yukon Denalis but I don’t see the front driveshaft that I think I will need for this kit. Does the kit even need the front driveshaft to prevent vibration? My daily commute is 50 miles in the highway everyday and don’t want to have vibration/problems at 60+ MPH

Here is the Skyjacket kit I was looking at.

https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspensi...r-kit-with-rear-coils-autoride/#configuration

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Was talking to a lady from Rough Country and they said that they don’t sell a lift for a AWD Yukon but do for a 4WD. I had been looking at this kit just to get a little more lift then the leveling kit I have on it now. It says it’s for AWD Yukon Denalis but I don’t see the front driveshaft that I think I will need for this kit. Does the kit even need the front driveshaft to prevent vibration? My daily commute is 50 miles in the highway everyday and don’t want to have vibration/problems at 60+ MPH

Here is the Skyjacket kit I was looking at.

https://skyjacker.com/shop/suspensi...r-kit-with-rear-coils-autoride/#configuration

That kit should work fine. The downside is it’s a knuckle lift and increases track width. The little diff drop shouldn’t create an issue. Most kits rotate the front diff so it’s designed for a dual cardan shaft. I can explain all that later if you run into issues. Personally I would try to find the cst kit. It’s by far a better design.

OP
OP
Mike Shabo

Mike Shabo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went onto CST’s website and put in AWD Yukon and it seems they don’t have any lift kits for this vehicle. Just for a 4wd. I shift them an email asking if they carry a solution. Fingers crossed. I really would like to lift this truck this spring.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You want this kit with the driveshaft and the rear only uses some coil spacers, shock extensions, ride height sensor brackets, and sway bar links. I heard they stopped making this kit but it's possible to be around somewhere. Other options for true 4" is zone or BDS but like the superlift it increases front track width. Rancho claims to be a 4" but measures 5.5" and is a one piece lower box kit like CST but increases track width. The only other option to not increase track width is bulletproof 6-8" kit and keep at 6" on some wide 33s.
http://performancelifts.com/cst-2007-2013-silverado-sierra-4-lift-awd-models.html

https://www.bulletproofsuspension.net/chevy-gmc-6-8-inch-lift

OP
OP
Mike Shabo

Mike Shabo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I was not able to find that CST lift as it’s been discountinued for some time but the nice gentlemen over at performance lifts was able to explain to me that just about any kit will bolt in but they all will have the dreaded vibration at highway speeds. However he does have the front driveline still and will gladly sell me the shaft once I do pick out a lift kit. He had recommended calling skyjacker and speaking with them about their 3.5” lift and if there are reports of vibration at high speeds. Sounds like my best bet is to find a 6” lift that I like and buy the front driveline from Performance. To be honest I really don’t want to spend 4-5k on just the lift. Heck mine as well sell the truck and get a pickup and really lift it at that point. Plus, for me and the lady friend, a6” lift just doesn’t have an appealing look on a Denali. She wants 3-4” that’s what I’ll try and find her.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Thank you so much! I was not able to find that CST lift as it’s been discountinued for some time but the nice gentlemen over at performance lifts was able to explain to me that just about any kit will bolt in but they all will have the dreaded vibration at highway speeds. However he does have the front driveline still and will gladly sell me the shaft once I do pick out a lift kit. He had recommended calling skyjacker and speaking with them about their 3.5” lift and if there are reports of vibration at high speeds. Sounds like my best bet is to find a 6” lift that I like and buy the front driveline from Performance. To be honest I really don’t want to spend 4-5k on just the lift. Heck mine as well sell the truck and get a pickup and really lift it at that point. Plus, for me and the lady friend, a6” lift just doesn’t have an appealing look on a Denali. She wants 3-4” that’s what I’ll try and find her.

No problem dude. It’s a lot to research and understand. Basically any front end kit will work just needs a dual cardan shaft. I really wish you could find the cst 4” as it’s the best kit but I knew they were getting scarce. If I wanted a 3-4” then you could always go rough country 3.5” kit. Not the best design by far but does get the height. Another option is the zone 2” body lift pored with your current level kit to get it a little taller. Nothing against other kits but I don’t like the track width increase so much I wish I went with bulletproof or cst kit for mine.

OP
OP
Mike Shabo

Mike Shabo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spoke with the guys at skyjacker, who claim that kit does not need anything done to the shaft and that there is no vibration. I think I’m going to stick with the skyjacker as I used to have one on an old pickup and loved it dearly. Plus I’d really like to keep the smooth ride of the autoride. Yes the rough country would save a few bucks but the skyjacker just even looks beefier and better engineered. Thoughts?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Spoke with the guys at skyjacker, who claim that kit does not need anything done to the shaft and that there is no vibration. I think I’m going to stick with the skyjacker as I used to have one on an old pickup and loved it dearly. Plus I’d really like to keep the smooth ride of the autoride. Yes the rough country would save a few bucks but the skyjacker just even looks beefier and better engineered. Thoughts?

It is a much better kit than rough country! Downside is the track width increases because of knuckles. You lose turning radius with the increasing track width and need rear wheel spacers to match front. I doubt either kit will need a dual cardan shaft because the minimal angle change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts