just another backup camera/ monitor install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i thought I'd share how installed the backup camera/ monitor in to my 01 Denali for under $40

I am not going to go in to the details of the actual camera install since its the same for every car and has been discussed to death.

1. installed the camera on the license plate. Pretty straight forward. Only thing i did was sprayed the camera with plastidip in order to water seal it. Some amazon reviews mentioned that this camera is not water proof.

IMG_4675.JPG

2. Ran the wire down on the driver side tucking it under the interior panels.

3. spliced the monitor power cable in to the dash cigarette lighter adapter and ran the sire out the onstar port.

4. On 01-02 Yukons there is no blank pocket that the 03+ have and many owners fit a 3.5inch monitor in to this space.

5. I didn't want to spring for the new dash and also wanted the larger 4.3inch monitor. I also wanted the ability to remove the monitor if need be and to have access to the buttons on the back of the monitor case.

5. I have these magnetic phone holder magnets in all my cars and love them for ease of use. My idea was to just attach the same metal strip on the back of the monitor with a low profile magnet attached to the dash.

6. I broke off the monitor stand and glued the metal strip on to the back of the monitor.IMG_4672.JPG IMG_4674.JPG

Result is sort of killing two birds with one stone. Great spot for the monitor and it covers up the onstar buttons which do not work anyway due to the aftermarket deck. Looks great too :)IMG_4692.JPG IMG_4691.JPG

backup camera/ monitor I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ID1OVRA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

flush mount magnetic phone holder:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7KNJDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent