Just added an Air Raid Jr......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jay R Lawson

Reaction score
I get the catback exhaust installed Wednesday. Can't wait for that. And some 22's Saturday. You guys have me spending too much. I see what you have and gotta have it. Then maybe. Finally. Lowering it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I get the catback exhaust installed Wednesday. Can't wait for that. And some 22's Saturday. You guys have me spending too much. I see what you have and gotta have it. Then maybe. Finally. Lowering it.

Which exhaust are you putting on?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it dryness or heat that affects which one I go with? It's super dry where I live in the summer months most of time. And most summer time we see mid 80s Temps. A few 90+ days here and there.

Dry one hands down to clean it you just wash it and let it dry, the oil ones aren't the best because the oil can get in you intake tube and screw up the MAF, that's why many people stay away from oiled filters especially the K&N ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
is it dryness or heat that affects which one I go with? It's super dry where I live in the summer months most of time. And most summer time we see mid 80s Temps. A few 90+ days here and there.

Its really more about dust. The oiled filter helps catch the really fine particulate. They can only make the filter resolution so low and still maintain "high flow" so unless you're gonna be Baja racing, or live on a farm where all you drive is gravel and dirt, you don't need oiled.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry one hands down to clean it you just wash it and let it dry, the oil ones aren't the best because the oil can get in you intake tube and screw up the MAF, that's why many people stay away from oiled filters especially the K&N ones

That's a good point. But this also stands out to me too,

Its really more about dust. The oiled filter helps catch the really fine particulate. They can only make the filter resolution so low and still maintain "high flow" so unless you're gonna be Baja racing, or live on a farm where all you drive is gravel and dirt, you don't need oiled.

I do live on a short dirt road just off the main highway. I drive super slow cuz it's not exactly smooth. Lol. We call it the hundred yard crawl and the family i live with always teases me about how slow i go! But I only driving it leaving for eork and coming home so it'd not like I'm haulin ass up and down the dirt road for miles everyday. :DWould that be enough to need an oiled? Or would I still be good with an dry one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288