Jounce stop question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Windwalker

Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed but I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if I can drill a hole through the lower control arm where the jounce stop makes contact in order to add an energy suspension 1" stop so that my jounce stop will be in contact. I've seen where they've welded square tubing but I don't have the equipment to weld. Thank you for your help.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been discussed but I can't seem to find it. I'm wondering if I can drill a hole through the lower control arm where the jounce stop makes contact in order to add an energy suspension 1" stop so that my jounce stop will be in contact. I've seen where they've welded square tubing but I don't have the equipment to weld. Thank you for your help.

You sure can. I'll see if i can find a pic where it's been done. I know there's some in here somewhere.

OP
OP
Windwalker

Windwalker

Reaction score
I wanna think I remember seeing it I just wasn't sure and couldn't find it. If you can find please let me know I'd appreciate it greatly buddy.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the link to purchase? I'm in need of this mod asap.

You have the stops resting on each other? I've read where it should be a bit of clearance between the bushing and CA, then also that it should be touching. Do you know definitively?

OP
OP
Windwalker

Windwalker

Reaction score

You have the stops resting on each other? I've read where it should be a bit of clearance between the bushing and CA, then also that it should be touching. Do you know definitively?
I don't know how to post a link through my phone but go on Amazon and look up energy suspension low profile bump stop. When I get to work Tuesday Ill look up the exact one. Before hand it rode good with the bilsteins and since this it feels tight up front and over bumps it feels smoother by far. So just from my experience I feel like contact is good. Oh and it takes a little oomph to get the original jounce back in when you're done and have a flat head or pry bar to help you manipulate it back into its slot.

OP
OP
Windwalker

Windwalker

Reaction score

I think the one I got is p/n# 9.9102R the low profile. But there's also an ultra low profile p/n# 9.9132R. I mean heck they're only 15 bucks and took maybe 45 min to do both sides. So if I didn't like the results would've just took them off and everything would've been back to square one. I say go for it don't have much to lose. I seen where people talk about lifting the torsion keys is uber bad and makes the ride horrible and I did it while changing to bilsteins and it rides way better than before and it's been quite sometime since I done that and everything is still gravy.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

It should be just touching.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellows.

I swapped some lift keys onto my truck and it rode 10x better than it did factory, but my TB are worn out or something because that dude beat me up before the mod.

I am sure that the DS bar got turned 180-deg or so bc that key has WAY more bolt threaded to make it match the PS. After the lift/level, something "KLUNKS" now also on the DS: either the UCA hitting or the UBJ is done-for.

My plan of attack is to rent the GM TB tool from Oreilly Auto again, turn the TB another 180-deg, & see if that gets me matching the PS and/or eliminates the CLUNK noise that occurs when moving over elevation changes like large dips or drop offs where the suspension has the opportunity to cycle down/drop out.

Turning that torsion bar in Oreilly parking lot seems much easier than getting all of my $hit out to try & pry up on that UCA and watch for BJ movement simultaneously. I don't really have an extra hand to assist me anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401