Jounce bumpers after torsion keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is preferred to keep the jounce stops on the lower arms. One guy on here did use so me 1/2"X1" box tubing and bolted the jounce stop through the tubing into stock hole. This offset the stop to touch the lower arm while keys were indexed.

My front jounce bumpers are not touching the LCA at ride height. It appears this is contributes to a poor ride, so I'd like to make them touch. I had a look and the jounce bumper mount/holder is welded to the subframe. I didn't see a way to unbolt the jounce bumper or it's mount to space them down.

Can you add pics or another description of how this spacer worked?

I pulled the rubber jounce bumper out of it's mount to see how everything fit together. Is there some way to extend the factory Z71 jounce bumper mounting so they're in contact with the LCA?

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way to extend the stock jounce bumpers on a 4wd Tahoe after a torsion crank, leveling? After cranking, the jounce bumpers are no longer in contact with the lower arm.