Jounce bumpers after torsion keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Five

Reaction score
I have read that after installing aftermarket keys and leveling that the jounce bumpers need modification to contact the lower control arms. Can anyone post pics of the mods they made or e explain the process?

Last edited by a moderator:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes it is preferred to keep the jounce stops on the lower arms. One guy on here did use so me 1/2"X1" box tubing and bolted the jounce stop through the tubing into stock hole. This offset the stop to touch the lower arm while keys were indexed.

scoobyxj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled a hole in the lower control arm where the jounce contacts the arm, and stacked stainless fender washers as close to the size of the jounce as I could find, and a stainless carrige bolt to secure them. It was actually really easy to drill through the arm. I think it took me like 30 min to do both sides.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I ordered the 2" bump stops from Amazon. Ended up cutting 1/2" off and installed em on the LCAs. Worked perfectly and rides like a dream now.
uc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14