Joined the BBP Club...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night, I received my initial AutoCal tune from Justin for my '07 Tahoe 5.3... WOW. I'm questioning why I didn't do this sooner. It is a completely different truck to drive. Shifts are fast and firm, but not harsh. It downshifts exactly how you'd want it to... I also asked that he remove AFM and the speed governor. Silky smooth V8 sound/power all the time. I'm anxious to see if this will solve the oil burning problem. He set me up with 87-89 and 91+ octane tunes. I am currently running 89, and can't wait to see how the 93 performs.

I still need to send a follow-up data log, but it seems he nailed it on the first try. Customer service has also been top notch. I sent in my files this past Saturday evening, and received an email on Sunday informing me I still needed to send the transmission file. I sent that in and had multiple tunes on Wednesday! Definitely did not expect such a quick turnaround. They were very clear about what was needed, and the instructions were detailed and easy to follow - no issues there.

My mpg will suffer for a bit (it's fun to drive), but my smiles per gallon went way up! I'm going to run the 89 tank down, then switch to 93 and maybe post up some videos.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll be happy you went that route! I've loved my tune for years now and you're right. It makes it a completely different vehicle to drive.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you settle down you'll discover that your mileage will increase with AFM turned off and by running the better fuel; that alone is worth 2 mpg usually.

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be happy you went that route! I've loved my tune for years now and you're right. It makes it a completely different vehicle to drive.

It really is and I don't have to live in fear of AFM any longer...well maybe the lifters still. I ordered a sticker too so that should be good for another few hp...

Once you settle down you'll discover that your mileage will increase with AFM turned off and by running the better fuel; that alone is worth 2 mpg usually.

I'm not sure I'll stay with the 93 due to the cost and how much I drive, but anxious to see the difference.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night, I received my initial AutoCal tune from Justin for my '07 Tahoe 5.3... WOW. I'm questioning why I didn't do this sooner. It is a completely different truck to drive. Shifts are fast and firm, but not harsh. It downshifts exactly how you'd want it to... I also asked that he remove AFM and the speed governor. Silky smooth V8 sound/power all the time. I'm anxious to see if this will solve the oil burning problem. He set me up with 87-89 and 91+ octane tunes. I am currently running 89, and can't wait to see how the 93 performs.

I still need to send a follow-up data log, but it seems he nailed it on the first try. Customer service has also been top notch. I sent in my files this past Saturday evening, and received an email on Sunday informing me I still needed to send the transmission file. I sent that in and had multiple tunes on Wednesday! Definitely did not expect such a quick turnaround. They were very clear about what was needed, and the instructions were detailed and easy to follow - no issues there.

My mpg will suffer for a bit (it's fun to drive), but my smiles per gallon went way up! I'm going to run the 89 tank down, then switch to 93 and maybe post up some videos.
Hello David, thank you for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the tune.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'll stay with the 93 due to the cost and how much I drive, but anxious to see the difference.

In general, it costs more to run the cheap gas due to mileage lost and repairs on down the line as the lower grade fuels generally do not have detergents in them. For thirty plus years now, no matter the auto, we get better gas mileage, at least 2 mpg, running 93 octane and even better when discovering which brand that particular engine likes best. For example, one of our GM vans suffered a 4 mpg loss running the not so cheap gas when it got 12 mpg doing deliveries all day.

The truck gets its best mileage running Mobil's or Chevron's 93 octane fuel. It's 3 mpg better than Shell's and 1.5 better than Sunoco's 93 at present.

OP
OP
lowh07

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello David, thank you for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the tune.

Thank you, it rocks. :headbang:

In general, it costs more to run the cheap gas due to mileage lost and repairs on down the line as the lower grade fuels generally do not have detergents in them. For thirty plus years now, no matter the auto, we get better gas mileage, at least 2 mpg, running 93 octane and even better when discovering which brand that particular engine likes best. For example, one of our GM vans suffered a 4 mpg loss running the not so cheap gas when it got 12 mpg doing deliveries all day.

The truck gets its best mileage running Mobil's or Chevron's 93 octane fuel. It's 3 mpg better than Shell's and 1.5 better than Sunoco's 93 at present.

Good to hear. Once I can keep my foot out of it, I'll have to check my numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24