JL Audio Stealth Box!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-4.
Did you use the sub outs off that top connector from the amp?

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did too. I get hard hitting lows for a short while only after starting the vehicle. I assume the noise cancel system is attenuating my sub. But after driving for 5-10 minutes my lows are gone and the sub is silent. I have no idea where to go next

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did too. I get hard hitting lows for a short while only after starting the vehicle. I assume the noise cancel system is attenuating my sub. But after driving for 5-10 minutes my lows are gone and the sub is silent. I have no idea where to go next

TahoeOn33s

Reaction score
That is the best speaker and amp combination you can have. I have a pair of Focal Utopia's in my front doors and a pair of Focal PS 165V1 in the rear. Both are powered by a JL Audio HD600/4. I had them connected to a Rockford Fosgate at first and then I bought the JL. The difference between the sound is night and day. JL is a much more higher quality amp and sends such a clear signal even at high volume. Love this setup so much!

So did you keep some of the factory speakers, and are you running a sub with your setup?

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you keep some of the factory speakers, and are you running a sub with your setup?
All Factory speakers were swapped out. Including the ones in the dash. I had a JL 8" Microsub but the Focal speakers overpowered the bass that the sub was able to put out so I upgraded the sub to a JL Audio 12" W6v3 in a ported box. Much more balanced with the bigger sub. The speakers don't overpower the bass anymore.

TahoeOn33s

Reaction score
I appreciate that response! Where did you mount your amps, and where do you have your sub located?

I am trying to track down those speakers on crutchfield. It appears the door speakers come with tweeters. How did you mount those?

Sorry for all the questions.

TahoeOn33s

Reaction score
All Factory speakers were swapped out. Including the ones in the dash. I had a JL 8" Microsub but the Focal speakers overpowered the bass that the sub was able to put out so I upgraded the sub to a JL Audio 12" W6v3 in a ported box. Much more balanced with the bigger sub. The speakers don't overpower the bass anymore.

Any chance you have part numbers for the replacement speakers?

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it all depends on what your looking for and your budget. I recommend looking at crutchfield.com to see all the speakers that fit your year of truck. You'll see all different brands and pricing. After finding what's in your budget, I recommend searching the part number on ebay and amazon. You might find better pricing. The part numbers on my speaker setup is shown below.
Front door speakers: Focal Utopia Be 165W-RC
Rear door speakers: Focal Performance PS 165V1
4 ch. Amp: JL Audio HD Series HD600/4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972