JL Audio Stealth Box!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon702

Reaction score
I gutted the whole bose system. I put focal performance speakers all around with JL amps. JL amps IMO are top notch, the specs, the true rms output and they last forever. Even JL subs are great but i just didn't like the stealth box. I'd get the JL amp even off of Craigslist, it's rare to hear of one going bad even the old ones

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gutted the whole bose system. I put focal performance speakers all around with JL amps. JL amps IMO are top notch, the specs, the true rms output and they last forever. Even JL subs are great but i just didn't like the stealth box. I'd get the JL amp even off of Craigslist, it's rare to hear of one going bad even the old ones

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
That is the best speaker and amp combination you can have. I have a pair of Focal Utopia's in my front doors and a pair of Focal PS 165V1 in the rear. Both are powered by a JL Audio HD600/4. I had them connected to a Rockford Fosgate at first and then I bought the JL. The difference between the sound is night and day. JL is a much more higher quality amp and sends such a clear signal even at high volume. Love this setup so much!

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the best speaker and amp combination you can have. I have a pair of Focal Utopia's in my front doors and a pair of Focal PS 165V1 in the rear. Both are powered by a JL Audio HD600/4. I had them connected to a Rockford Fosgate at first and then I bought the JL. The difference between the sound is night and day. JL is a much more higher quality amp and sends such a clear signal even at high volume. Love this setup so much!

Stock radio?

yukon702

Reaction score

Exactly. Perfect combo. Friends, family are amazed when they are in my suv. It's like being in an orchestra lol

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A small update. Yes the JL stealth box does fit. No it doesn’t take just an hour like they say. The instructions are for a Tahoe. In the Escalade you have to remove dash panels to remove the center console. Right now I have it running off the stock Bose amp I didn’t have the time to run my 500/1 and I wanted bass still.

C56FC603-6F72-4658-A97E-BBB19FAA3FEB.jpeg 3A50EF7E-E224-479B-867E-B8AAC866BABD.jpeg A6AF4B77-4AA2-4855-BA54-9EF469AEA097.jpeg A81C3C2C-A81C-4EC8-A848-61A84E3539F6.jpeg

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you pulling your signal for the LOC?

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you pulling your signal for the LOC?

With the JL amp you don’t need a LOC. I used The JL Audio XD CLRAIC2 SW. it’s basically rca to speaker wire and attached it to the sub output from the Bose amp. The JL 500/1 is way too big for that sub so I have the gains all the way down. With the gains turned down the signal sensing doesn’t work as well as it should so I went to the 12v outlet that’s on back of the center console because it’s switch for the remote turn on. I was surprised how hard that sub hits. I may end up installing a LOC to Fine tune the bass a little more.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
I'm having two JL 8W7AE-3's with JL HD900/5 installed next week in my '16 Tahoe. Subs are going in custom box where 3rd row is and upgrading door speakers. Will post pics after. Stock radio with a line output converter. Either JL or Audio Control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts