Jerking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Code

Reaction score
So when I'm driving it feels like a bunch of little jerks when I'm on the gas. Plugs? What do you guys think?

Tapatalk Time

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
have your cylinder misfire history pull from the pcm so you know what cylinders are acting up. it can help determine if it is a single cylinder or multiples. helps identify the cause along with visual inspections.

OP
OP
C

Code

Reaction score
But you think it may be the plugs? I had planned on doing plugs, wires, cap and rotor on it. Just not right away.

Tapatalk Time

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

And where would one go to get the history pulled?

Tapatalk Time

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have never been replaced, it sure couldn't hurt. Go back with Delphi/AC Delco equipment.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If you want to spend money on a tune -up you can if you think it is needed. Only done every 100,000 miles on your '98. you can also have a shop with a good scanner look over the data from the pcm to see what might be the cause. It could still be a plug or wire tho.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the check engine light on im assuming it is when you pull the code it will tell you wich cylinder is misfiring
also what color smoke is coming out the tail pipe

OP
OP
C

Code

Reaction score
No CEL. Just feels like the teuck is shuddering when I get on the gas. And just regular exhaust smoke till it warms up.

Tapatalk Time

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its s possible you have a vacuum leak somewheres what year is your vehicle
so it only does this when you mash down that gas pedal
does it seem like a hesitation

OP
OP
C

Code

Reaction score
Its a 98. Its not a hesitation. It shudders as long as I'm on the pedal. Not just initially but almost the whole time.

Tapatalk Time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais

Latest posts