I've got the dreaded vibration/boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here! I pick mine up tomorrow.

So far, so good. I’ve only driven about 10 miles, but no shuddering. They also “reset” the transmission so it relearns my driving habits so I’m a bit irritated that they made two changes, but so far one (or both) of them worked. I’ll try to remember to check in 4-5 days from now after I’ve driven it a few hundred miles.

rjhoskins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my tq converter replaced back in August '17 (see page 1 of this thread). Nearly 4 months and 7k miles later and it drives perfect still....just like day one when I picked it up back in June 2015. On a side note, one of my comrades at work has a '15 Silverado 1500 with the 6.2L/8speed tranny and he's starting to have the same issues. I'm starting to think this may be bigger than just a few isolated instances.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't say. But I would say it will take a few days with the holiday thrown in. I'm in no rush. I'm putting miles on their Acadia.

Did you get your vehicle back? Is it fixed?

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve put about 2k miles on since tq converter was replaced and everything is still good. Every once in a while I think i feel it, but I’m likely extra sensitive to any vibrations. Hopeful this is a long term fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aggie76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I know this is a year old thread but after searching the forum it seems this might be what I've got going with my wife's 2015 Yukon XL Denali at 75,500 miles. She complained last week during a 140 mile trip that there was noise so loud that she couldn't even concentrate or hear radio. I switched vehicles with her for a day and couldn't find anything going on but there was a slight vibration and since I'd just put the snow tires on I took them in for balancing. They found a couple out of balance so made sure all were good and I did a short drive and no vibration or noise found.

I was at deer camp this weekend, no big bucks but plenty of small and does/fawns, and when I got home last night she hit me again that it wasn't fixed. So this morning I made her take me for a ride. Vehicle was cold, -10F here this morning, so took a few miles to warm up. at about 10 miles sure enough there was a strong vibration and noise that was intermittent. I flipped between 2H and AWD with no change but did notice that under acceleration, shifting or constant throttle it appeared in both modes. And after the vibration was present sometimes there seem to almost be a surge and the vibration would disappear for a bit before returning again.

Anyone have similar symptoms with their issues? Guess I better make a trip to the dealer, about 150 miles away, to get them to take a look. Wife is really anxious as our first granddaughter is due in about 10 days and she needs her wheels to be there for the birth.

Thoughts?

Aggie76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I visited the dealer yesterday to address the concern as it would not change and I was concerned about my wife being stranded in our remote area if it seized.

The dealer diagnosed it as a program event under the powertrain warranty that they were aware of with the transmission fluid breaking down around the 45k mile mark. They flushed the transmission with updated fluid per #18-NA-355 and advised us to give it approximately 200 miles before evaluating the repair. We've now driven it 300 miles and it has resolved our concern at no cost to us which was appreciated. The tech did say it might take a second flushing, under warranty, to fully resolve the issue and to just let them know if it returned.

The service tech had said we should have had the fluid replaced at the 45k mile mark per the owners manual. I challenged that as the manual says that's for Severe operation which our driving style does not reflect. He started by saying that since we hadn't had it done they would approve the repair. I showed him the manual and challenged his statement. He was going to do some additional research with his manager and let me know the outcome. Either way, GM is paying for it now but I want to understand the expectations of GM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu