I've got the dreaded vibration/boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would give everyone an update. I had an appointment to take my Denali in for the vibration but I cancelled it. The next day there was no vibration and it hasn't re-occured yet. I felt it would do no good to have them chase something that wasn't happening at the time. I wish it would re-occur so I can get it fixed .

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an update to this thread. My Denali vibration finally occurred again to the point I could take it in for warranty work with 28,000 miles on it. It was very bad today when I rode with the tech. He immediately diagnosed it as a torque converter problem. Left it there to be replaced.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an update to this thread. My Denali vibration finally occurred again to the point I could take it in for warranty work with 28,000 miles on it. It was very bad today when I rode with the tech. He immediately diagnosed it as a torque converter problem. Left it there to be replaced.
Have your dealer check the ring and pinion for excessive wear and a rounding of the teeth. Road forcebalance the tires, and check the roof cross members! After my dealer replaced the ring and pinion, all the pressure went away!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
acainindy, how many miles did you have on yours when they discovered the issue with the ring and pinion.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s first started around 8000 miles... They started diagnosing with the roof rail bulletin, then road force balance of the tires, then replaced the tires with Michelin’s. Then checked the drive shaft, replaced the shocks and finally the Ring and Pinion around 12,000-15,000 miles.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you I have booming in my 2017 Tahoe Premier at 5,000 miles and just trying to figure out what I have to look forward to and what approach to take to get it resolved.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m curious as to whether this will work. How long until you get your vehicle back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to whether this will work. How long until you get your vehicle back?

They didn't say. But I would say it will take a few days with the holiday thrown in. I'm in no rush. I'm putting miles on their Acadia.

GoCardz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Same here! I pick mine up tomorrow.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did all the “fixes” work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts