Its that time of the year again, and Ineed help before this becomes a problem!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help

I need to know how you guys deal with mice in the garage. They aren't in the house....yet, but i want to stop that possibility from becoming a reality. I can't have cats, (allergic) so that's out of the question.
There isn't a food source in my garage, so i don't know what they are eating, and there isn't a water source either. I do know that there is a small gap in my garage door (missing the weather stripping) that needs to be addressed asap, but what is the most effective way of getting rid of them for good? I have kids and a dog, but they arent allowed into the garage, so im ok with using poison (that works)

I forgot about this negative when it comes to living in the country lol.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
My family has used some poison blocks. I think they might be Black Cat? It's fairly effective for us

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem with the poison blocks is that they eat it then die later somewhere you can't see them. Then you have to search for them after you smell them rotting. I place mousetraps on each end of the garage doors with peanut butter on them. You may prefer lining the area with glue traps.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in past i have used that poisoned food that dehydrates them

dries them out , so they dont stink when they die.

they are prolly coming in to avoid weather, plus search for food/water

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought traps and put peanut butter and cheese on them, little dude ate off 4 traps setting them off and nothing. I bought some poison but haven't put it out yet.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in past i have used that poisoned food that dehydrates them

dries them out , so they dont stink when they die.

they are prolly coming in to avoid weather, plus search for food/water

That's the stuff I used. But, get enough dead mice in your garage and it still stinks. Maybe not as badly as if it were just regular poison, but still. Also, I don't like moving something on my workbench and finding a flattened/dehydrated mouse carcass that leaves a permanent stain. Sure, I'll pick the dehydration poison over regular poison. But I still prefer mechanical and glue traps for the "cleanliness". As far as them eating the food and getting away, I don't know what to say to that. Maybe with my traps, I've only gotten the ones I did with them and there were more that just walked on by and into the garage somewhere. Maybe duct tape a few of those glue sheets together to make a bigger field then place a couple mechanical traps in the middle? They wouldn't be able to move away or as carefully from the trap if they were fighting their feet sticking.

Coming in to find anything they can chew into warm nesting material and food/water is exactly why they show up in the winter. I'm surrounded by sugar cane fields that are harvested around September-November, so I definitely get 'em every year when they cut the fields and burn the husks.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a bad mouse problem in my garage when they got into my girlfriends car that is rarely used so i tried snap traps first but got sick of resetting them all the time. I now use these little bait stations i bought at tractor supply and the mouse population has been greatly reduced and out of the car. Always place traps and bait boxes along a wall because rodents prefer to travel along them so you know they`ll have to run across them. I even put a few in the trunk of the car. I have been using them for a few years now and have never found a dead mouse. The poison makes them thirsty and they leave to find water so try to remove any water source from the garage. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...le-kid-and-dog-resistant-station?cm_vc=-10005

An old farmer works at my tractor supply and told me this stuff works great as well so i tried it and placed the little pouches throughout the car too. So far so good. http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fresh-cab-1-botanical-rodent-repellant-10-oz?cm_vc=-10005

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne