Its like a Tahoe, Only Bigger - 02 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
5dollar

5dollar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought the trans had only 5k on it? He should've rebuilt it for free, if he was the original builder.

The guy that did the rebuild shrugged his shoulders at me. He was a joke. I took it to a legit shop and they found all kinds of wrong doings. Reused, old style parts, stripped bolt heads, stripped bolt holes that required helicoiling, just bad workmanship. I just needed it done, so I bit the bullet and took it somewhere with a great reputation.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The guy that did the rebuild shrugged his shoulders at me. He was a joke. I took it to a legit shop and they found all kinds of wrong doings. Reused, old style parts, stripped bolt heads, stripped bolt holes that required helicoiling, just bad workmanship. I just needed it done, so I bit the bullet and took it somewhere with a great reputation.
What did this guy charge you for the second rebuild?

OP
OP
5dollar

5dollar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$2700. (I took it somewhere else if that wasn't clear. The first guy (who did the work the first time) was a smacked ass) If you scroll back a bit on the first page, you'll see the mountain of parts that went in, I also got the radiator replaced, coolant flushed, aftermarket transmission cooler added (connected WITH the stock cooler) and trans temp gauge added and an oil change. I say for $2700, thats not bad at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
5dollar

5dollar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took it back to the Shop yesterday. I took it on a road trip over the weekend and it had a harsh 1-2 shift, they pulled the pan and found the Pressure Sensor Connector wires had pushed out of the connector. They fixed that and put it back together. They say it fixed the hard shift but I'll be the judge of that tomorrow when I pick it up. The gauge they installed also wasn't reading correctly, so they are fixing that as well. All should be good tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne