It's Been Awhile!!! One interesting ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@05Single I know I won't have the time to keep them polished and waxed so I'm going to end up painting them. Not sure what color to go with yet. I'll definitely post up a thread when I get them done and mounted! And I don't plan on leaving again or giving up my truck again unless somebody REAAAAAALLY needs it haha

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
There's no way to clear coat over polished rims is there? Like how the factory wheel has a clear sealer :think:

OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no way to clear coat over polished rims is there? Like how the factory wheel has a clear sealer :think:

I'm not sure paint would stick to a polished surface?? Good question for sure. I think most people that go with polished rims wax them regularly

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'm not sure paint would stick to a polished surface?? Good question for sure. I think most people that go with polished rims wax them regularly
Yea that's all I hear, just keep them clean. But wonder what manufactures use to clear their polished style wheels.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea that's all I hear, just keep them clean. But wonder what manufactures use to clear their polished style wheels.
If it's like paint with a clear coat, the wheel wouldn't be polished, the clear coat itself is what gets polished. When they paint a car, they don't spray clear coat over polished paint- it's sprayed over a sanded surface so it adheres. Then they sand, buff and polish the clear.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Not the same thing of course.
There are some gm wheels that come polished but are not chrome. Similar to a machine face of you will.
Where it's not mirror chrome buy it's not silver paint.
mPjUZogdDdsBUJgIrzzgCRitl.jpeg 20-inch-2015-chevrolet-wheels-silver-factory-oem-used-rims-audiocityusa-d9.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my stock Denali 17s are like that. Polished pretty good but not fully chrome and reflective like my NNBS Denali 20s. So I wonder what the deal is.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my stock Denali 17s are like that. Polished pretty good but not fully chrome and reflective like my NNBS Denali 20s. So I wonder what the deal is.
I thought most factory wheels are clear coated; I've seen some of them peeling.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Chrome is a plating on the wheel. Polished is simply the finish on the material without plating. Not sure if they clear them or not. Probably depends on the mfr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts