It's Been Awhile!!! One interesting ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, Project Denali here.

Miss the forum like crazy! I'm settled in finishing my last year of college. Just wanted to post about my ride, my summer, and catch up with everybody.
IMG_0595.JPG
I joined the forum about 1 year ago when I bought my 2004 Yukon Denali. To be honest she was a mess. I've been cleaning and fixing things since I bought her and she's been pretty good to me. All about progress right?

First, I pulled the interior apart and cleaned all the carpets and seats. This eliminated the smell of weed and smoke and gave me a chance to fix the driver seat wiring (shorted).

My parents bought me a really nice red top optima for Christmas :) just when I got the interior back together too. Sanded the battery tray down and painted it to keep it nice.

Starting the new year off right my alternator, fuel pump, and water pump went out within a few months. Flushed the coolant and put in some new hoses, fuel pump, and alternator.
IMG_1337.JPG IMG_1336.JPG
Figured out my gauge cluster was toast internally (current draw) so I replaced that too lol.

Now she's running good and I'm planning to do some small things like a tune up and other preventative maintenance.

My twin brother took her for the summer because his Tahoe puked a rod violently. Meanwhile, I was up in Michigan working an internship with GM.
IMG_1338.JPG
Now I'm back in school, got a job offer from GM to work at the proving grounds, and most importantly got my Yukon back from my brother!

Future plans include refinishing the NNBS wheels I snagged and getting new tires. New head, tail, and fog lights and then upgrading my sound system.
IMG_1340.JPG
It's good to be back! TYF

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a nice truck you have there young man! We look forward to your wringing those new GM products out and being a car guy, making them the way car guys like them!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any progress is good progess
&
congrats on new job.
i bet proving grounds could be fun

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing your truck a while back! Welcome back! The NBS Denali is my favorite! Haha. Yours is a good looking ride! Good to hear you’ve got a job doing what you love! Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
Project Denali

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver Thank you, it's not quite as nice as it looks in the pictures, but headed the right direction for sure. And I'll try my darnedest to make sure GM keeps pumping out the good stuff ;)

@gat0r Thanks! And take it from me, the proving grounds is one of the coolest places I've ever been, a car guys dream come true

@Bigbeardenali1992 It's great to be back, miss skimming the forums and reading. We're both a bit biased, but the NBS Denali is my favorite too! Lol, just love the smooth styling.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back and enjoy that GM job. Good experience right there. Keep up the good work on the Denali. NBS FTW!!

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking Denali and sounds like you are hitting all the right areas to keep her running well!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver Thank you, it's not quite as nice as it looks in the pictures, but headed the right direction for sure. And I'll try my darnedest to make sure GM keeps pumping out the good stuff ;)

@gat0r Thanks! And take it from me, the proving grounds is one of the coolest places I've ever been, a car guys dream come true

@Bigbeardenali1992 It's great to be back, miss skimming the forums and reading. We're both a bit biased, but the NBS Denali is my favorite too! Lol, just love the smooth styling.
We are a bit biased! But I love the smooth rounded lines!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Welcome back. Nice truck and dream job!
Very interested in how you plan to refinish the wheels
Keep the mods coming and don't ever leave us again , mainly cause now you're our inside gm guy:waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali