It took about 30 seconds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a $60 set of Gorilla Locking Lugs be a lot more of a deterrent than someone with a gun in underwear or a cop car in someone else's driveway?

Of course. Almost anything is safer and more sane than shooting at people, in a neighborhood, stealing wheels at 3AM.

Question about the gorilla lugs, I know there are master keys (amazon sells them) and I gotta assume a seasoned tire thief would have them? Also, would you also need to keep the key in the truck in case you get a flat?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Of course. Almost anything is safer and more sane than shooting at people, in a neighborhood, stealing wheels at 3AM.

Question about the gorilla lugs, I know there are master keys (amazon sells them) and I gotta assume a seasoned tire thief would have them? Also, would you also need to keep the key in the truck in case you get a flat?

If they're that prepared when they came it's cause they cased the truck before hand. Probably came the night before and then see what key is needed for locking lugs so when they return the following night they're all set. If it had keys.
And up here in Alaska it's more of the wild wild west than anywhere and people don't shoot unarmed people for being on their property, because it's still part of America and it's laws even tho it rarely seems like that.

And I stand by my first option, just bag your truck and lay frame lol
3392030018_large.jpg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas is proper in that their laws allow the citizen to protect their private property with deadly force. We are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights... it originally said: ...life, liberty and property.

Yeah. I’m so sure Jesus would kill someone for taking one of his sandals lol.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my next question... Is it legal to shoot outside the house? Only if they fired first I imagine.

You would have to consult your local laws and their definition of "reasonable defense". Either way you slice it better have an attorney and a deep bank account:)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession...

The Bible’s retelling of a pagan tale in a poor attempt at gallows humor wont convince me to kill someone because they’re stealing a piece of rubber.

But it god wants to stike them dead with a bolt of lightning, that’s his prerogative.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bible’s retelling of a pagan tale in a poor attempt at gallows humor wont convince me to kill someone because they’re stealing a piece of rubber.

But it god wants to stike them dead with a bolt of lightning, that’s his prerogative.

First of all it's not a pagan tale, it is something that actually happened and was written about by witnesses. Second, not meant to be humorous at all but to show you a truth since you brought it up. And lastly, they just dropped dead, lightning had nothing to do with their deaths.

You do not have to exercise your rights, nobody I'm sure would fault you, if you were in Texas, for not using deadly force to protect your property. I'd probably do the same in most instances.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all it's not a pagan tale, it is something that actually happened and was written about by witnesses. Second, not meant to be humorous at all but to show you a truth since you brought it up. And lastly, they just dropped dead, lightning had nothing to do with their deaths.

You do not have to exercise your rights, nobody I'm sure would fault you, if you were in Texas, for not using deadly force to protect your property. I'd probably do the same in most instances.

The fact that it’s a well known tale about Zeus and was borrowed for the Bible doesn’t change the meaning. Beyond that,
theologians believe it was an attempt at levity/gallows humor. You’re more than welcome to believe/interpret as you desire.

Either way, I’d never kill someone that is so desperate that they need to steal a tire in the middle of the night...regardless of which state I lived in. Now, squeeze of a couple rounds into the air? Maybe...

I wouldn’t judge you if you did or did not either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu