Issues Water Leak, Navigation, wind whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Margarita Price

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After a slow steady rain discovered dripping water from driver side ceiling near sun visor. Also navigation stopped working 2 months prior to this issue. Disappointed and hoping GM will make it right. A lot of water damage to interior...now the whistling noise I have experienced since purchase is just another issue to add to the disappointment of such a big purchase.

20161224_123814.jpg

Nacnac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wind noise could be the black side trim on the doors (window). I've had 3 of the 4 lift and had to be fixed. I was hoping they'd fly off on the highway but they didn't. The tabs that hold them on are ridiculously small and flimsy. Apparently the wind gets under them plastic and the tabs break.

BobMc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leak=Shark fin antenna.
Noise=Trim or shark fin antenna.
Navigation=Shark fin antenna or computer failure.
Water can do a lot of damage when it manages to get into something that should be protected.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am also getting the whistling sound on the highway on my 2016 Tahoe .

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A moonroof is electric and slides back into the roof itself, which I'm guessing you have. There's drains in there that can get clogged with dirt etc, which can cause your problem. Try blowing those drains out with some compressed air. I'm not saying that's the problem, but if it is, the air should take care of that. Please let us know what happens. Also--please cluck on the above listed link. That could also be your issue, as you did state your navigation stopped working. Good luck and keep us updated.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a slow steady rain discovered dripping water from driver side ceiling near sun visor. Also navigation stopped working 2 months prior to this issue. Disappointed and hoping GM will make it right. A lot of water damage to interior...now the whistling noise I have experienced since purchase is just another issue to add to the disappointment of such a big purchase.

View attachment 71436

Hi Margarita Price,

We apologize we weren’t able to get to you sooner and are sorry to hear of the concerns your experiencing with your vehicle. Please know that this is not the kind of experience we want you to have and assure you that customer satisfaction is among our top priorities.

If you would like for us to look into this further, and reach out to your dealership, let us know in a private message! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care

paulb55

Reaction score
Sorry for the leaks. We had both leaks with the antenna and the moonroof. good luck