Is this guy smoking something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First...if this guy is a member here....I really like your truck. To everyone else....this guy is posting an 02 Tahoe that really looks like an LS but is stating that it is a Z71. I sent him an email asking questions and mentioned that I do not believe it is a Z71 and he told me that I didn't know what I was talking about. Can you guys figure it out?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6136477288.html

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
First...if this guy is a member here....I really like your truck. To everyone else....this guy is posting an 02 Tahoe that really looks like an LS but is stating that it is a Z71. I sent him an email asking questions and mentioned that I do not believe it is a Z71 and he told me that I didn't know what I was talking about. Can you guys figure it out?

The only way to know for sure would be to get a look at the RPO codes, or use the VIN to get a build sheet from GM.

Chrome bumpers: Z71 bumpers rust like hell, easily changed.
Cloth interior: not sure why you would, but also easy swapped out.
Z71 logos on pillars : $20 on ebay.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're an interested prospective buyer, the seller shouldn't have any problem sending you the VIN.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can he send you a photo of the RPO code sticker in the glove box? That would be the easiest way to verify the Z71 code if it had it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
If you are close enough, go look at them yourself. If someone is going to lie, what stops him from sending you a photo of someone else's RPO sticker or VIN?
On a side note, it's a Denver ad, so I'd say regardless of what kind of truck it is, yes, he's smoking something.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to know for sure would be to get a look at the RPO codes, or use the VIN to get a build sheet from GM.

Chrome bumpers: Z71 bumpers rust like hell, easily changed.
Cloth interior: not sure why you would, but also easy swapped out.
Z71 logos on pillars : $20 on ebay.

Guess I've been pretty lucky, knock in wood, I've never seen a spec of rust on my bumpers. lol

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My white Z71 looks just like that... minus the chrome bumper, chrome grill, chrome mirrors, black door handles, the non z71 roof rack, the rectangle fog lights, the manual seat controls, the cloth seats just to name a few... well basically just the paint really lol

Ask him to open the door and take a picture of the dash and see if it has a selectable 4WD.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if it is a Z71 package (from the factory), someone just decided to remove all the Z71 lower trim, the color matched bumpers, the roof rack, the (stock Z71) running boards and leave the pillar decals? And don't they normally come with leather? I'm pretty certain you could find another 00-06 4wd and lift it/add tires and wheels for far cheaper than $7200. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts