Is there a way to block signatures/photos?

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Sub, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sub

Sub Full Access Member

Name:
    Sub
    Is there a way to browse the content of the threads, without having to load and see the humungous pictures that members have in their signatures?

No offense to the folks who are proud of their rigs, but it gets laborious to have to scroll past the same huge photo in a thread over and over and over again. The post content is one line, and yet the signature, with photo, is equivalent to about 100 lines of text. Where an entire thread conversation could load in half a page, by the time all the repeat after repeat signature photos are fitted in, the thread is 4 pages long.

Some signatures take up the entire screen... not of just my phone or tablet, but of my computer. It's especially frustrating when scrolling through a thread looking for photos. For instance, I'm trying to see as many photos as possible of HD Hoods on GMCs. I used the search, found the threads, and started scrolling. Cool, here comes a photo... oh... it's just another unrelated sig pic again, for the umpteenth time.

I'm NOT asking or suggesting that the signature rules or permissions be altered. I'm NOT wanting anyone else to change or be effected. I'm NOT complaining. I just want to know if there is a setting or "skin" that I can set on my own account that would only show the posts, without all the giant signature photos.

I like to see photos that people post. I just don't need to seem them over and over again in every other post. Is there a way I can do this? I looked through some of the settings under profile, and wasn't able to find anything.

2. doc_sun

doc_sun Wiseguy Supporting Member

Name:
    Corey
  3. NathanJax

NathanJax Vacation Nathan Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Nathan
    Go to your profile, click on edit options, and down towards the bottom under "Thread Display Options " it says...

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
    Show Avatars
    Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

And you can click or not click those to see them

4. Sub

Sub Full Access Member

Name:
    Sub
    Thank you. I missed those settings when I went to my profile looking for them. They were way down the list, and my eyes must have glazed by the time I scrolled down that far. Your post alerted me to the fact that they were definitely there, I just needed to focus on finding them. I did, and now the browsing experience is sooo muuuch quicker and easier. Thanks again.

5. Red Rocket

Red Rocket Full Access Member

Name:
    Mark
    I can't seem to even get a picture in my sig so you won't have to worry about mine!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Admin/Owner Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Bryan