Aftermarket projector/hid headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 Tahoe that I did an Hid conversion like a year ago and wanted to put in some black or smoke projectors with halo accent. So I bought some on ebay that were supposed to fit tahoe 01-06 and 99-02 silverado. I went to install them and noticed a large gap (at least an inch or so) between the bottom of the headlight housing and grill which looked like *****. Also I checked fit with hood and with a deflector it's hitting on the top of housing when you close the hood. So I'm going to RMa them. So I need to find something else. Is the mount on the silverado slightly different? Halo accent is not a must but projector is. Please find me a good alternative ;)

Last edited:

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I've found with a lot of the eBay projectors is that they are plastic. I was going to use those when I converted my Jeep, but decided against in fear the plastic would melt.

If I can find a pair cheap enough on eBay, I'd buy them and retrofit glass projectors. The difference between the eBay projectors and quality projectors (pun intended) is night and day.

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes a decent set of projectors? I was thinking of looking into the ones that the denali uses, but I was under the impression that would require changing mounts, wiring harness, and the grill and I don't really want to undertake that unless it's going to be semi-resonable

CincinnatiZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to take these apart and fix the adjusters to get them semi close. You can still see that I have the gap that you are talking about where the top light meets the grill. When my truck gets out of the shop (body mods) I will get them set perfect. Gotta love the HID's.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 56

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Yes you can. I did when I had them on my mustang (same projector just different housing)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA