Is mine the only one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is my door panel the only one broken?

View attachment 83986
Yours not the only one.....
My passenger side is broken, my brothers 2012 has both broken. Every tahoe I looked at before buying mine had one broken or starting to come apart. There is actually not that much info about it on the web. I would like to see a thread on how to reinforce it with epoxy and metal?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine sounds like its gonnna every time i lean on it.

Tim, you still running those headlights? How about some pics buddy? Also how’d you do with your 3rd row?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the handle breaks in half? I know a guy in town who's handle broke in half on his 2013 Yukon XL with the tan interior. Said it cost near $500 to repair and that inside was hollow.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what exactly is broken there? looks perfectly fine to me
Looks like he just used a stock photo to show where his broke.

Mine isn't in great shape, but it isn't technically broken. I can only assume the Trooper who had my Tahoe put a death grip on the handle getting in and out of the truck. The guts of the handle seem to have lost their adhesive bond with the plastic cover, its kind of twisted.

OP
OP
Tim Quigley

Tim Quigley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic behind the rubber panel to pull the door closed is broken and falling apart.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The handles are hollow thin weight saving design. One good pull and they fracture. Its like a plastic I beam in the handle. My passenger door handle was broken and "crunchy" when you pull the door closed. I ended up slipping a small flat steel strip on the inside between the rubber and plastic. Where the broken parts were in the middle I installed a 1/4" square steel rod and then poured plastic epoxy in the handle. Its good now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288