Is it worth buying a GM TECH 2 scanner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RicanGM

RicanGM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verus is great. The problem is the updates will make you go broke if you decide to update. Just buy the clone. I bought mine thru alibaba not eBay. For some reason I trusted that more.

I did some research on the Verus, wow, they are like $3,000 plus!

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I've had most of their line at this point, Solus, Solus ultra, Verus and Modis. They are all kickass and perform well, but they are way too much tool for your backyard mechanic who only uses them on one make 90% of its life. Just not cost effective to justify not bringing it to a shop to scan.

Tacky

Reaction score
For about $170, you can get an Autel scanner that will read and clear codes and read data in almost all modules. It does not have 2 way communication though, it will not command changes in the vehicle. I am pretty happy with it. Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite 4 System Diagnostic Tool Engine ABS Airbag + DS Model

OP
OP
RicanGM

RicanGM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For about $170, you can get an Autel scanner that will read and clear codes and read data in almost all modules. It does not have 2 way communication though, it will not command changes in the vehicle. I am pretty happy with it. Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite 4 System Diagnostic Tool Engine ABS Airbag + DS Model

I will check it out.

tuita

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did some research on the Verus, wow, they are like $3,000 plus!
LOL,yeah,I Found gm tech2 on ebay price about 1800+ usd,that's too much,Final I got Clone one on chinacardiags.com (cheap,about 300usd.The function is also very complete,I feel it's not difference with original one,:gathering:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon