Iridium Metallic with Cocoa interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WE currently have black with our Yukon but looking to go with the Cocoa Dune in a Premier or Cocoa Dk Atomsphere in the Denali. I don't know why they don't offer the cocoa in the SLT. It's a lighter tan throughout and tends to look rather bland. THe cocoa/Shale in the denali is too light for my taste and can't imagine what it would look like after a couple years with kids.

The Cocoa Dune in the Premier(chevy) or Cocoa Atmosphere (GMC) is a nice warm classy look but not over the top, IMO and looks best with blk, blues, whites, reds, etc.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My current 2015 Yukon is cocoa/shale, and I have no issues keeping it clean at all
Everyone that I’ve been in has black grime spots in some places and jean fade on the seats. Props to you taking care of it and keeping it fresh!

So you have a 2015 Denali?

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone that I’ve been in has black grime spots in some places and jean fade on the seats. Props to you taking care of it and keeping it fresh!

So you have a 2015 Denali?
No, I have a 2015 Yukon SLT. Is the cocoa/shale not the same in the 2?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... i have a black interior.......most of the cars I’ve owned actually.......I absolutely agree with your ‘PERSONAL OPINION’

See, not so hard to keep shit light hearted.

yep. You're doin great!! ;-)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But hold up. There’s 2 tan colors for the Denali. There’s cocoa/dark atmosphere and cocoa/shale.

Cocoa shale is a nightmare to keep clean. It’s very light.

Cocoa dark atmosphere is my favorite and I don’t even like tan.

I think you're right. Maybe thats the one I'm thinking of. I need to find my window sticker...Whatevr the light one is its impossible to keep clean. EVERYTHING marks it. Even with the darker tan the cloth like piping on the seats turn blue from jeans. And I'm FASTIDIOUS about keeping my rig clean.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s coca/shale:

777B32A4-A59A-4CF5-98B7-A084262BC5FB.jpeg

It is definitely hard to keep clean. Even that light color carpet. Black is kind of boring on these suvs but I’ve had almost no issue keeping it clean unless I’m driving my with my window down on a dirt road. Coca/dark atmosphere definitely seems the sweet spot for both looks and ease of cleaning maintenance.

I’m not a huge fan of tans, especially shale because being 25, they feel a little granny to me. Dark atmosphere doesn’t seem as bad. Black is just more “cool” even though it’s not lol

Last edited:

Tommyb80

Reaction score
My wife and I have black interiors in our current vehicles but like the Cocoa/Dune combo in the Denali's. I think thats the way we will go when it's time, and it will be White/Cocoa or the Iridium. Mind if I ask what they are asking for that truck?

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have black interiors in our current vehicles but like the Cocoa/Dune combo in the Denali's. I think thats the way we will go when it's time, and it will be White/Cocoa or the Iridium. Mind if I ask what they are asking for that truck?
We ended up getting it for $50k even out the door. We are pretty happy with the deal, and the truck. I wasn’t sure I would like the shale interior, but once I saw it, I liked it. I drove it on the highway, and around for a bit before buying it, and didn’t notice anything obvious. I did drive it home around 150 miles, and didn’t notice anything either. It definitely has more pickup than the 5.3 in my SLT.

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08A84C06-F6EF-428E-898C-DB3C60B54DE5.jpeg

Here is the one picture I took at the dealer. It is really clean. It was a lease return, and the owners were an older couple that upgraded to an Escalade.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats,..Looks real nice,....I like what they've done to the headlight over the previous gen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2