Ipod interface? USA Spec BT45-VETTE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried this?

Looks like it will bluetooth to your smartphone Apple ipod/iphone or Android.... and use radio buttons to control it...

The USA Spec’s BT45 series seamlessly integrates your vehicle's OEM sound system with Bluetooth enabled devices so you can make hands-free phone calls and wirelessly stream audio media. The BT45-VETTE’s plug & play technology allows you to maintain functionality of factory installed options such as navigation, CD changer, Satellite radio, OnStar, RSE (rear seat entertainment) system, and AUX/USB input.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried this company but I have an 05 Tahoe and bought the iSimple GM655 and it gives me Bluetooth, aux, and USB. I've had it in for about two months and have yet to find a flaw in it. It's only $100 and all together easy to install. That says-VETTE so if it's actually for a vette it'll be a different part number but still same system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retains all factory system operations except for Sirius xm but if you wanted to retain that also you just need to buy the $30 interface

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05Zsvntyfun - Do you use the bluetooth for phone?
I use and android phone and want to hook up my ipod to replace the CD player. I currently use one very similar to this in my lincoln towncar, and love it as a CD player replacement... 100 of MY albums on hand is awesome...
This looks like everything I want/need... if the phone bluetooth works well, and I can switch album/song via steering wheel controls... I don't care about Sirius.

Thanks!

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05Zsvntyfun - Do you use the bluetooth for phone?
I use and android phone and want to hook up my ipod to replace the CD player. I currently use one very similar to this in my lincoln towncar, and love it as a CD player replacement... 100 of MY albums on hand is awesome...
This looks like everything I want/need... if the phone bluetooth works well, and I can switch album/song via steering wheel controls... I don't care about Sirius.

Thanks!
I'm a 20 year old male so I literally only use my phone. When you start the truck it connects automatically and you just need to hit play. I highly recommend it for what you need!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I use this in my wife's Honda. Really nice. The only complaint is that when you revive or make a call, you have to turn up the volume, and when your done, you have to remember to lower it other wise when the music comes back on, or Can be rather lould

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got one on the way, thanks for the input fellas....

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it, and my elcheapo GPS backup camera also... So far so good, still having 'issues' getting phone and ipod to bluetooth, and sometimes the reset button makes my guage cluster go crazy, but when it works it is awesome... here some pics during and after install: IMG_20170527_114434807_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_114434807_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_114434807_HDR.jpg IMG_20170527_114452567.jpg IMG_20170527_130702773.jpg IMG_20170527_130916173.jpg

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One 'problem' I am seriously NOT liking... The interface does not keep the ipod charged after you shut the truck off... it pauses it, that's great, but plugged into the USB port off the adapter, the ipod does not shut off or recharge, it just runs it down all night so next day, dead ipod....
The only way to fix this is, bluetooth your ipod, and separate charger plugged into an always hot ciagrette lighter.
Bummer.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One 'problem' I am seriously NOT liking... The interface does not keep the ipod charged after you shut the truck off... it pauses it, that's great, but plugged into the USB port off the adapter, the ipod does not shut off or recharge, it just runs it down all night so next day, dead ipod....
The only way to fix this is, bluetooth your ipod, and separate charger plugged into an always hot ciagrette lighter.
Bummer.
I keep my phone on me and charge it at night so that's never an issue for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat