iPhone CarPlay issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already. I saw a few about iPod's and the problem wasn't directly the same, but could be the same issues.

Even thought I have the Bluetooth enabled in my car, just to keep my battery fully charged when I leave the vehicle, I always plug it in through the USB in my center consul so I can keep the cord out of the way. I have two iPhone's. Personal (6plus) and work (6Splus). Then when the wife and kid are in there, we have 4 iPhone's all connected via Bluetooth. The problems listed below happen when I am alone AND when I am with the Fam. Also on weekends, I only have my personal phone unless I am on call and even with myself and my personal phone only...the same issues apply from time to time.

1) Receiving Calls ... I will hear my phone ring and my display screen on both my phone and vehicle are both blank..... I don't get an answer/ignore option on either one. This doesn't happen all the time, but does happen more then I would think is normal. 3-4 times a week maybe?

2) Song selection. I will go to my playlist and choose a song and it will play 1 second of it and then skip to a different song outside of that playlist. If I go to my Music on my iPhone, it will play the song as I intended to do the first time.

3) At times I will plug in the iPhone and it will tell me that its "not connected". something about the Bluetooth. I wouldn't think the Bluetooth would have anything to do with it while its connected through the USB. But I have to either keep unplugging and plugging back in OR select the disconnect and eventually I will get it to work.

Thanks for reading my rant. hope its not another User issue :)

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already. I saw a few about iPod's and the problem wasn't directly the same, but could be the same issues.

Even thought I have the Bluetooth enabled in my car, just to keep my battery fully charged when I leave the vehicle, I always plug it in through the USB in my center consul so I can keep the cord out of the way. I have two iPhone's. Personal (6plus) and work (6Splus). Then when the wife and kid are in there, we have 4 iPhone's all connected via Bluetooth. The problems listed below happen when I am alone AND when I am with the Fam. Also on weekends, I only have my personal phone unless I am on call and even with myself and my personal phone only...the same issues apply from time to time.

1) Receiving Calls ... I will hear my phone ring and my display screen on both my phone and vehicle are both blank..... I don't get an answer/ignore option on either one. This doesn't happen all the time, but does happen more then I would think is normal. 3-4 times a week maybe?

2) Song selection. I will go to my playlist and choose a song and it will play 1 second of it and then skip to a different song outside of that playlist. If I go to my Music on my iPhone, it will play the song as I intended to do the first time.

3) At times I will plug in the iPhone and it will tell me that its "not connected". something about the Bluetooth. I wouldn't think the Bluetooth would have anything to do with it while its connected through the USB. But I have to either keep unplugging and plugging back in OR select the disconnect and eventually I will get it to work.

Thanks for reading my rant. hope its not another User issue :)
I keep my iPod touch behind my radio and plugged into the USB there. I have a Samsung S7 Edge paired to my vehicle and also my iPad Pro 12.9" and sometimes when I have my iPad in my car it pairs my iPad instead my phone which I have no idea why because I would think my phone which I paired first would sync over Bluetooth before my iPad Pro. Don't know why you can't pair more than 1 device via Bluetooth

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk