iPhone 8 wireless charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unit171

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see by my previous post, the green piece and that magnet is what needs to be removed.
I will now edit my earlier post and can now say my Iphone8 will wirelessly charge in my 2016 LTZ

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to take mine apart today and do the mod. I’m going to try just removing the magnet first to see if that works since magnets do mess with wireless charging.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I might have to give this mod a try as well. Would be nice to throw the X on there and get a charge.

Dustin Hartung

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes - i am wondering if i can remove the magnet from the "repeater" and then put the "repeater" back in and still have success. That would be closer to stock. I am not sure what that green thing really does though.

Dustin Hartung

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes - can confirm that leaving the repeater but removing the magnet works much better and gives a more consistent experience in use.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is I have the JL Audio stealth box and when the sub hits the phone bounces off the charger. Lol
I'll more than likely stick to plugging my iPhone in since I use carplay all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts