iOS 10 - map in dash cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with iOS 10 figured out how to see the navigation in the dash cluster when using apple maps? I know this is a new feature but wonder if it's not supported in the 2016's or if there needs to be an update on our trucks as well.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read something about the "carplay " app. Maybe it's able to connect

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a location on Apple Maps yesterday on my phone, and when I got in the Yukon it transferred to the NAV map without any issue. '16 Yukon Denali

bzpilot

Reaction score
Has anyone with iOS 10 figured out how to see the navigation in the dash cluster when using apple maps? I know this is a new feature but wonder if it's not supported in the 2016's or if there needs to be an update on our trucks as well.

Seems to work fine for me using an iPhone 7 Plus (running iOS 10.0.2) connected by usb through Carplay - it shows Apple navigation map on instrument cluster. Unfortunately the image is so small it's almost unusable. I would say the map displayed is about 2.5 inches diagonal, when it could easily be much larger. I would say something close to a 4 inch diagonal map would probably fit.

white15

Reaction score
I cannot get mine to show in the gauge cluster... the only map i can get to show is the one from the cars nav. I have a Iphone 7 running 10.0.2. (16' Denali) I can't get the apple maps to show.

Sethro274

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only the Denali will show a map in the DIC but its the Factory Nav map, not Apple Maps.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 Suburban LS and am able to see the maps from my iPhone on the screen. I just have to use the USB and the Project app in the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts