Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shalviin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! Finally got the vehicle I had been eyeing for a long time! Its a 2013 Yukon XL Denali with 72k miles. Black on black. Everything works great, but the dash is cracked in one spot. The dealer said its a common issue in these vehicles and offered to give me a GM dash cover for it. Mechanically, the car seems to run great. Just took a 340 miles trip in it with 6 people and was quite impressed.
I have a few quick questions. First, is there a way to get music over bluetooth from our phones? If not, is there a recommendation for a aftermarket radio that will allow me to keep the dvd system, nav, and steering wheel ctrls?
Also, when I have the vehicle sitting idle, there seems to be a sound that comes out of the rear driver wheel area. It sounds like an air compressor running. It runs for a few seconds and stops and then starts again in a few seconds.
Lastly, should I take the extended warranty on this or are these pretty reliable in terms of powertrain?
I appreciate all the help I can get and am looking forward to years of fun and comfortable trips with my family!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get any warranty you can, just simply because you never know unless it came with some nice service records showing it has been maintained properly, the air compressor is for the air ride it will run normally when you start the vehicle in the morning and maybe a couple times through out the day, but shouldn't be running numerous times unless your loading it up with heavy people or equipment as this may indicate a leaking rear shock or air line, no you can not stream Bluetooth audio you will need a aftermarket radio I put in a pioneer nex8200 its a little on the higher end price wise but worth the money in my opinion and you will be able to retain all your factory controls and dvd displays with adapters and not have to have any factory wiring cut up. I too finally got mine (2012) in march after wanting one for a long time (it's a love affair, lol).

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree exactly with Doubeleive on the warranty.

If you do not have service records I would try to get it by Vin# or some other way..If you bought it from a GMC dealer it is most likely a really good vehicle plus they should be able to get all service records..All that IMHO.

Welcome from Miami Beach!!

OP
OP
S

Shalviin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I bought it from a reputable (Niello) VW dealer. They gave me a 45-day bumper to bumper warranty and a 7 day (expires next wednesday) no questions asked return policy.
The carfax shows service history until about 25k miles, which is when it was a leased vehicle. After that, the location changes to it as being sold to somewhere in the boonies (both in CA) and either the new owner did not do any oil changes or did their own oil changes. The dealer docs show the oil life was at 80 percent when they got it, but that can be easily manipulated.
It did not give me any signs of powertrain issues on my long ride into Reno NV through the Sierras. Ran great.
My CU (Penfed) is offering me 3yrs 36k warranty for about 3 grand. Its through Route 66. Heard mixed reviews about them. Does GM offer an extended warranty themselves? I would much rather have it through them. Or any other that you recommend?
Also, was the dealer BS’ing when it said the cracked dash was a common thing in these cars?
Next thing (after the warranty purchase) is buying that 700 dollar radio! Lol. Thanks again for the help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dash cracks are common yes, you can replace it yourself if you feel confident in doing it, that alone cuts the cost in half, mine has a small crack right by the center speaker I figure if it ever cracks anymore I will put in a new one (they are supposed to have a redesigned one out there less prone to cracking), I have never heard of "route 66" but the price is about the same any other presuming that it is a powertrain warranty, I bought mine from autonation and bought there 2yr powertrain warranty for $2k and they have stood behind it I can give them that much, part of getting that warranty is understanding the terminology and what is covered and not covered, it leads to a lot of misunderstandings in the reviews, for instance if a service advisor say's something is "recommended" to be replaced or repaired you can rest assured that is not going to be a warranty item they don't do recommendations, it has to have failed completely before it's expected lifespan. same goes for minor leaks, annoying noises, etc and when something does fail and it needs to be repaired it takes a little longer to get it done because they always want to send a adjuster out to look at it and verify the problem and the cause and that process usually takes an extra 2-3 days on top of everything so as long as you go into that knowing some of the specifics then it's less frustration.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Check out the CS- GM1210... I put this in my wife's Suburban LTZ and I love it.... it is head and shoulders above the factory Navi and the sound quality is much better than stock. It retains all factory functions WITHOUT any additional modules to buy and you can stream music through the Bluetooth among other features.

https://www.adcmobile.com/product/cs-gm1210-ca/

Walt at ADC mobile is a great guy to talk to and provides excellent customer service before and after the sale... I have his cell number and he always answers or calls right back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr